With a depth of experience across all regulated sectors, our regulatory financial services advisory team is positioned to address your needs and sensitivities.
Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorism Financing Compliance
The Maples Group provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
For more information on the Maples Group's AML and CTF services, please click here.
Automatic Exchange of Information
The Maples Group provides the following legal services in relation to automatic and ad hoc exchange of information obligations:
- Advising on all aspects of the FATCA and the OECD Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information – Common Reporting Standard (CRS) due diligence and reporting regimes
- Advising in relation to obligations under the (BEPS) Country by Country Reporting and Economic Substance regimes
- Advising and assisting with ad hoc requests for information production by the competent authorities pursuant to bilateral agreements under the relevant laws
- Assisting with enforcement matters
For more information on the Maples Group's AEOI and related services, please click here.
The Maples Group provides regulatory legal advice, including:
- Application of licensing laws, including assistance with licence applications, exemptions, amendments and surrenders
- Assistance with regulatory reporting for M&A and reorganisations
- Drafting client mandates, account opening forms, subscription and service level agreements
- Assisting with foreign and local disclosure requests
- Advising on duties of confidentiality
- Advice with regard to data protection regulation
- Advice on anti-corruption and sanctions obligations
- Advising on conduct of business and potential registration / licensing implications
- Advising in relation to the extraterritorial effect of foreign legislation
- Assisting with beneficial ownership regime requirements
- Advising on reporting obligations falling under the Cayman Islands licensing laws
- Advising in relation to the regulation of Crypto and Fintech offerings
The Maples Group provides legal services for regulatory enforcement, including:
- Advice and assistance in relation to onsite or offsite inspections
- Advice on potential exposure / implications in the case of an investigation
- Liaising with regulatory authorities in relation to directives and administrative fines
- Defending enforcement / assessment actions, judicial reviews and court appeals
- Negotiating settlement agreements
LocationsBritish Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Dublin | Jersey | Luxembourg
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP, the Maples Group's law firm in Ireland, is pleased to announce the addition of Lorna Smith who joins the firm as a Partner in its Financial Services Regulatory practice.
13 Jan 2021Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to support the Leon Levy Foundation, a private philanthropic foundation with US$450 million in assets. The Group's consolidated operational and technology platform for data aggregation, portfolio accounting and portfolio reporting and customized support has allowed the Leon Levy Foundation to meaningfully analyze its investments in a timely manner while better understanding the strategies to which it has allocated capital.
12 Jan 2021Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that its Asia practice has been recognised for its role in advising on seven of the transactions listed as Deals of the Year 2020 by China Business Law Journal ("CBLJ"). Additionally, Anthony Webster, Partner and head of the Funds & Investment Management team in Hong Kong and Matt Roberts, Partner and head of the Corporate practice in Asia were recognised on CBLJ's A-List.
12 Jan 2021Read more
24 Dec 2020Read more
The Maples Group was pleased to act as Cayman Islands counsel to Xiaomi Corporation in relation to its combined issue of US$855million zero coupon guaranteed convertible bonds, due 2027 and convertible into class B ordinary shares of Xiaomi Corporation under general mandate and approximately US$3.1billion subscription of placing of existing shares and top-up subscription of shares under general mandate.
18 Dec 2020Read more
The Maples Group's Dublin and London Offices are proud to announce that together they have selected Barnardo's UK and Barnardos Ireland for a special Christmas donation.
17 Dec 2020Read more