We recognise that most clients want to avoid disputes with their employees. We are creative and experienced in using mediation and collaborative dispute resolution methods where appropriate to bring parties to a commercial resolution.
We also recognise that clients sometimes need a swift and strong response to protect their businesses and their key talent. We have a wide range of experience securing injunctions for clients to protect their interests and defending injunctions brought by employees and directors.
Our team has extensive experience advising on all aspects of Irish employment law, benefits, incentives and immigration. We represent clients in high value corporate transactions, complex High Court proceedings, WRC claims and complex investigations. We support a wide range of clients to design and implement best practices for their workplaces.
- Contracts of employment
- Employee handbooks
- Policies and best practice
- Working time
- Fitness and Probity matters
- Employee privacy
- Remuneration and Equal Pay
- Health and Safety
- Part time, fixed term, casual and agency worker arrangements
- Independent contractor issues
Crisis Management Support
- Senior executive dismissals or terminations
- Boardroom and Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Team moves
- Theft of confidential information
- Investigations involving a regulator
- Sexual harassment, harassment and bullying issues
Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- Workplace Relations Commission claims
- Circuit, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court
- Compromise agreements
- Collective redundancy
- Individual redundancy issues
- Consultation obligations related to business transfers
- Changes to terms and conditions and to working practices
- Harmonisation of terms and conditions
- Bonus and Incentive arrangements
- Employment law support related to corporate transactions
- Managing trade union relationships and responding to threatened or actual trade disputes
We provide advice on obtaining the appropriate work permits and visas for key employees and assisting their families to secure permission to stay and work in Ireland. We have extensive experience liaising with the Irish Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation to secure the following permits:
- Critical Skills Permit
- General Employment Permit
- Intra Company Transfer Permit
- Atypical Working Scheme
- Trusted Partner Scheme
- Spouse / Partner / Dependents
- Handling performance issues
- Disciplinary processes
- Absence management
- Bullying and harassment prevention
- Commercially agreed exits
LocationsBritish Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Dublin | Hong Kong | London
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was delighted to once again act as lead Jersey counsel for Apache Capital Partners on a recent transaction.
21 Oct 2020Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Mark Crichton to its Jersey office.
15 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, was pleased to advise a buyer consortium, comprising Mr. Jinbo Yao (founder of 58.com Inc.), General Atlantic Service Company, L.P., Warburg Pincus Asia LLC and Ocean Link Asia Limited, on the take-private of 58.com Inc., a Cayman Islands company previously listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
14 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that it has been recognised once again at the IFLR Middle East Awards. The awards, which took place virtually this year, acknowledged the most influential corporate finance deals over the past 12 months.
14 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, named the "Best Offshore Law Firm" at the Private Equity Wire US Awards 2020.
12 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, was honoured to have been recognised at the annual Asia Legal Awards and the long-running ALB China Law Awards last month, winning a combined six awards and sweeping the offshore category at both events. This is the firm's third and seventh consecutive year winning "Offshore Law Firm of the Year" at the Asia Legal Awards and ALB China Law Awards respectively.
09 Oct 2020Read more