With a depth of experience across all regulated sectors, our regulatory financial services advisory team is positioned to address your needs and sensitivities.
Anti-money Laundering & Counter-terrorism Financing Compliance
The Maples Group provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-money Laundering (AML) / Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
For more information on the Maples Group's AML and CTF services, please click here.
Automatic Exchange of Information
The Maples Group provides the following legal services in relation to automatic and ad hoc exchange of information obligations:
- Advising on all aspects of the FATCA and the OECD Standard for Automatic Exchange of Financial Account Information – Common Reporting Standard (CRS) due diligence and reporting regimes
- Advising in relation to obligations under the (BEPS) Country by Country Reporting and Economic Substance regimes
- Advising and assisting with ad hoc requests for information production by the competent authorities pursuant to bilateral agreements under the relevant laws
- Assisting with enforcement matters
For more information on the Maples Group's AEOI and related services, please click here.
The Maples Group provides regulatory legal advice, including:
- Application of licensing laws, including assistance with licence applications, exemptions, amendments and surrenders
- Assistance with regulatory reporting for M&A and reorganisations
- Drafting client mandates, account opening forms, subscription and service level agreements
- Assisting with foreign and local disclosure requests
- Advising on duties of confidentiality
- Advice with regard to data protection regulation
- Advice on anti-corruption and sanctions obligations
- Advising on conduct of business and potential registration / licensing implications
- Advising in relation to the extraterritorial effect of foreign legislation
- Assisting with beneficial ownership regime requirements
- Advising on reporting obligations falling under the Cayman Islands licensing laws
- Advising in relation to the regulation of Crypto and Fintech offerings
The Maples Group provides legal services for regulatory enforcement, including:
- Advice and assistance in relation to onsite or offsite inspections
- Advice on potential exposure / implications in the case of an investigation
- Liaising with regulatory authorities in relation to directives and administrative fines
- Defending enforcement / assessment actions, judicial reviews and court appeals
- Negotiating settlement agreements
LocationsBritish Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Dublin | Jersey | Luxembourg
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Three partners from Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, have been recognised by Bloomberg Tax & Accounting in their 2019 author awards for international tax.
18 Nov 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of a number of strategic hires to its team in the Cayman Islands to provide specialist services to a broad range of structured finance transactions and special purpose vehicles.
18 Nov 2019Read more
IFLR1000 has released its 2020 financial and corporate law rankings and Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, has achieved top tier rankings across its international offices.
14 Nov 2019Read more
The Maples Group marked a very important milestone in its more than 50 year history, having recently welcomed its two thousandth member of staff.
14 Nov 2019Read more
Euromoney Legal Media Group has recognised Dublin lawyer, Lynn Cramer as a "Rising Star Ireland" at its inaugural European Rising Star awards.
The awards celebrate rising star lawyers across 20 different practice areas from 19 European countries. A "Rising Star" according to the publication, is defined as a lawyer under the age of 40.
13 Nov 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the relocation of two of its senior Dispute Resolution and Insolvency lawyers from its British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands offices to London.
05 Nov 2019Read more