Institutional investors are facing challenging market conditions and have increasingly adopted alternative investment strategies to provide consistent returns and meet their investment objectives. Complex structures have emerged that enable investors to best respond to opportunities within this space. However, many institutional investors require assistance in establishing the operational infrastructure needed to implement these strategies and structures. The Maples Group is actively involved in the launch phase of bespoke managed accounts, fund-of-ones, co-investment vehicles or other structures for institutional investors, liaising between investment managers, asset allocators, legal counsel and other service providers to ensure effective coordination and integration. Our services include:
- Upfront consultation on portfolio structures and operating models
- Process design and re-engineering
- Specifications of custom reporting and information systems solutions
- Commentary on industry leading practices
Our team of professionals and industry experts brings firsthand investment management experience and a commitment to providing institutional investors with the guidance, resources and insight required for efficient and effective operations.
Outsourced Investment Operations
Outsourcing routine operational processes allows investment teams to focus on constructing portfolios, working with managers, and managing risks. Working with the Maples Group can also help supplement governance practices and enhance stakeholder reporting. Our services include:
- Data management including, trade allocations, trade capture, security master maintenance, price data management, data enrichment, over-the-counter document review and automated reconciliations
- Cash and collateral management including, cash reporting, cash reconciliations, liquidity projections, counterparty exposure, collateral tracking and collateral limit monitoring
- Portfolio accounting, recordkeeping and valuations, income and expense accrual tracking and financial statements
- Customisable reporting solutions, including bespoke online dashboards
We recognise each client's unique needs and the individual nuances of their business processes. Our consultative approach to developing customised solutions for clients has enabled us to become a seamless extension of the investment teams at several pension funds, endowments, family offices and outsourced CIOs.
Institutional investors are obtaining greater transparency and data from their investment managers. While this data can be extremely valuable, properly aggregating, distilling and interpreting it requires robust systems and data management capabilities. The Maples Group offers an end-to-end consolidated reporting solution for institutional investors that can transform data into portfolio insights. Our services include:
- Flexible reporting for monitoring exposures by different categories, including asset class, geography, industry, manager and strategy
- Position-level detail and a granular breakdown of the funds' underlying assets
- Cash management reporting
- Performance calculations, including contribution, attribution analysis and comparisons against benchmarks
- Risk measurements, including value at risk, what-if scenarios, factor analysis and correlation analysis
- Fee monitoring and recalculations
We recognise that a "one-size-fits-all" approach to analytics may not work for all institutional investors. As such, we take a flexible approach to customising reporting formats to the needs of each client.
Fees and expenses for alternative investments remain in the spotlight. The Maples Group’s fee verification offering supports an independent review to ensure fee accuracy. Our services include:
- Fee recalculations based upon fund documents, performance, GAV, NAV and transactions
- Shadow administration including maintenance and reconciliation of independent records, valuations and calculations
- Value-add reporting including, full fee transparency, fee comparison, mandate compliance monitoring and other qualitative portfolio observations
We pride ourselves on the high calibre of our people and an unmatched level of client service. Our team of highly qualified professionals brings a proven track record, enabling institutional investors to better understand the sophisticated alternative strategies to which they have allocated capital.
Institutional investors are continuing to direct more of their alternative investments into bespoke managed accounts in order to achieve greater control and portfolio transparency. However, establishing and supporting managed account relationships requires significant additional infrastructure and coordination between managers, investors and administrators. The Maples Group’s solution combines the accounting expertise of our team, our core technology and the flexibility of our proprietary managed accounts dashboard to deliver:
- Integration with fund managers, brokers and custodians with the flexibility to support multiple custom interface points
- Independent fee calculations for complex contractual agreements
- Meaningful consolidated reporting, turning data from a diverse array of managers into clear and consistent reports
- Position-level transparency and data analytics, providing access to information on the underlying holdings in aggregate and by separate account
- Effective investor recordkeeping and reporting systems
Our robust technological infrastructure supports the complexities of managed account platforms and is backed by a team of dedicated of professionals who are both industry experts and bring deep systems knowledge. We apply a consultative approach to helping institutional investors maximise the value of managed accounts.
LocationsBoston | Cayman Islands | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Luxembourg | Montreal | New York | San Francisco | Singapore
Thank you!Your enquiry has been passed on to a member of our team.
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Thank you!Your enquiry has been passed on to a member of our team.
Chambers has released its 2019 Global guide to the world's leading law firms and the Maples Group has secured top spots for ten practice groups across six locations. The Maples Group continues to achieve high rankings in both the individual lawyer and practice group categories, with 64 lawyers recommended in this edition.
15 Feb 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the recruitment of Hugo Lodge as a partner in its Regulatory & Compliance legal practice.
12 Feb 2019Read more
With effect from 28 January 2019, Maples and Calder and MaplesFS which comprises Maples Fiduciary and Maples Fund Services, have consolidated their offerings under a single brand, now called the Maples Group, bringing together their internationally recognised offerings.
28 Jan 2019Read more
Maples and Calder's Investment Management group has worked with AD Global Investors Limited ("ADGI") to successfully obtain Central Bank of Ireland ("CBI") authorisation for ADGI to act as an investment manager to Irish authorised Collective Investment Schemes.
21 Jan 2019Read more
Maples Fiduciary has announced that it has received a Trust Company Business Licence from the Jersey Financial Services Commission and has established an on-the-ground presence in Jersey.
07 Jan 2019Read more
Leading international law firm, Maples and Calder ("Maples") has retained its position as the number one legal adviser to Irish-serviced funds for the sixth consecutive year by the Monterey Insight Report 2018.
17 Dec 2018Read more