Institutional investors are facing challenging market conditions and have increasingly adopted alternative investment strategies to provide consistent returns and meet their investment objectives. Complex structures have emerged that enable investors to best respond to opportunities within this space. However, many institutional investors require assistance in establishing the operational infrastructure needed to implement these strategies and structures. The Maples Group is actively involved in the launch phase of bespoke managed accounts, fund-of-ones, co-investment vehicles or other structures for institutional investors, liaising between investment managers, asset allocators, legal counsel and other service providers to ensure effective coordination and integration. Our services include:
- Upfront consultation on portfolio structures and operating models
- Process design and re-engineering
- Specifications of custom reporting and information systems solutions
- Commentary on industry leading practices
Our team of professionals and industry experts brings firsthand investment management experience and a commitment to providing institutional investors with the guidance, resources and insight required for efficient and effective operations.
Outsourced Investment Operations
Outsourcing routine operational processes allows investment teams to focus on constructing portfolios, working with managers, and managing risks. Working with the Maples Group can also help supplement governance practices and enhance stakeholder reporting. Our services include:
- Data management including, trade allocations, trade capture, security master maintenance, price data management, data enrichment, over-the-counter document review and automated reconciliations
- Cash and collateral management including, cash reporting, cash reconciliations, liquidity projections, counterparty exposure, collateral tracking and collateral limit monitoring
- Portfolio accounting, recordkeeping and valuations, income and expense accrual tracking and financial statements
- Customisable reporting solutions, including bespoke online dashboards
We recognise each client's unique needs and the individual nuances of their business processes. Our consultative approach to developing customised solutions for clients has enabled us to become a seamless extension of the investment teams at several pension funds, endowments, family offices and outsourced CIOs.
Institutional investors are obtaining greater transparency and data from their investment managers. While this data can be extremely valuable, properly aggregating, distilling and interpreting it requires robust systems and data management capabilities. The Maples Group offers an end-to-end consolidated reporting solution for institutional investors that can transform data into portfolio insights. Our services include:
- Flexible reporting for monitoring exposures by different categories, including asset class, geography, industry, manager and strategy
- Position-level detail and a granular breakdown of the funds' underlying assets
- Cash management reporting
- Performance calculations, including contribution, attribution analysis and comparisons against benchmarks
- Risk measurements, including value at risk, what-if scenarios, factor analysis and correlation analysis
- Fee monitoring and recalculations
We recognise that a "one-size-fits-all" approach to analytics may not work for all institutional investors. As such, we take a flexible approach to customising reporting formats to the needs of each client.
Fees and expenses for alternative investments remain in the spotlight. The Maples Group’s fee verification offering supports an independent review to ensure fee accuracy. Our services include:
- Fee recalculations based upon fund documents, performance, GAV, NAV and transactions
- Shadow administration including maintenance and reconciliation of independent records, valuations and calculations
- Value-add reporting including, full fee transparency, fee comparison, mandate compliance monitoring and other qualitative portfolio observations
We pride ourselves on the high calibre of our people and an unmatched level of client service. Our team of highly qualified professionals brings a proven track record, enabling institutional investors to better understand the sophisticated alternative strategies to which they have allocated capital.
Institutional investors are continuing to direct more of their alternative investments into bespoke managed accounts in order to achieve greater control and portfolio transparency. However, establishing and supporting managed account relationships requires significant additional infrastructure and coordination between managers, investors and administrators. The Maples Group’s solution combines the accounting expertise of our team, our core technology and the flexibility of our proprietary managed accounts dashboard to deliver:
- Integration with fund managers, brokers and custodians with the flexibility to support multiple custom interface points
- Independent fee calculations for complex contractual agreements
- Meaningful consolidated reporting, turning data from a diverse array of managers into clear and consistent reports
- Position-level transparency and data analytics, providing access to information on the underlying holdings in aggregate and by separate account
- Effective investor recordkeeping and reporting systems
Our robust technological infrastructure supports the complexities of managed account platforms and is backed by a team of dedicated of professionals who are both industry experts and bring deep systems knowledge. We apply a consultative approach to helping institutional investors maximise the value of managed accounts.
LocationsBoston | Cayman Islands | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Luxembourg | Montreal | Singapore | New York | San Francisco
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The $US 501 million deal was hugely novel as it was the first ever US CLO transaction to employ a Cayman Islands LLC as its issuer.
09 Sep 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the expansion of its global Shipping team with the appointments of a number of strategic hires in Asia.
29 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that due to the growth of its business in Jersey, it has relocated its offices.
21 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group's law firm, Maples and Calder, is pleased to announce the appointment of Heidi de Vries as the Managing Partner of its London office.
20 Aug 2019Read more
Maples Group Welcomes US Bankruptcy Courts Decision on the Rights of Investors in Cayman Islands Funds
In the liquidation proceedings of Ascot Fund Ltd, a Cayman Islands incorporated company, the US Bankruptcy Court held that the rights of investors in Cayman Islands funds are to be determined by Cayman Islands law.
20 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Olena Mykhailenko as a Vice President in Dubai.
19 Aug 2019Read more