The effective management and administration of private assets demands the support of people who understand each fund’s individual challenges and objectives. Backed by industry leading systems, the Maples Group delivers accurate and timely accounting and in-depth reporting that address the complexities of private assets. Our services include:
- Accounting for private assets including direct and co-investment opportunities and special purpose vehicle investments across various jurisdictions
- Processing expense payments and ensuring they are in accordance with fund policies
- Reconciling cash and positions to third party statements or relevant transaction documents
- Performing waterfall calculations and determining carried interest in accordance with fund documents
- Preparation of financial statements for the fund, including relevant note disclosures under IFRS or GAAP accounting standards and assisting in the audit process by providing relevant accounting records and supporting schedules
- Generating Form PF and Annex IV regulatory filings on the firm's assets
Our experienced teams are led by qualified accountants with expertise in accounting for private assets, complex allocations and fee calculations and monitoring the events that trigger waterfalls throughout the life cycle of each fund. Clients are further supported by FIS Investran’s industry leading fund accounting platform which captures the specific terms of each fund's allocations, fee calculations and waterfalls through robust yet flexible frameworks that optimise data and control.