UCITS Management Companies
The Maples Group offers an unrivalled service and advises on a range of UCITS management companies authorisation projects and regulatory related matters for such entities.
We provide expert advice and flexible solutions for clients establishing a UCITS management company to facilitate growth and scalability in their business, and work closely with our tax colleagues and our clients' advisers and consultants to provide advice on all aspects of a UCITS management company's operations.
We regularly advise clients seeking additional authorisation (AIFM) or top-up permissions (MiFID) complementary to their UCITS management company licence and also have expertise in establishing UCITS management companies that operate on a cross-border management passport basis within the EU.
Our Irish and Luxembourg legal and regulatory service teams specialise in advising UCITS management companies in relation to:
- Regulatory authorisations and the supporting documentation framework
- Extension of regulatory permissions within an authorisation and / or additional authorisations
- Cross-border management passporting and branch activity
- Transitions from self-managed fund vehicles to stand-alone management companies
- Delegation arrangements and outsourcing
- Conduct of business and regulatory capital requirements
- Reporting requirements
- Staffing and governance
- Ownership restructuring
- Engagement with industry and competent authorities
We also work closely with our Global Registration Services team in relation to the marketing of the UCITS funds managed by our clients.