Our Asset Finance team is the market leader in advising on a wide range of shipping-related matters in respect of British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish, Jersey, Luxembourg and Marshall Islands law.
Working with financiers, vessel owners, brokers and management companies, our legal services team routinely advises clients on a wide range of shipping-related matters.
For each of our shipping service offerings, our excellent relationships with the Cayman Islands Shipping Registry (CISR), the Marshall Islands Registries (MIR) and the Virgin Islands Shipping Registry (VISR) enable us to ensure a smooth and expeditious process for our clients. We can assist with all applications to the CISR, MIR or VISR including the registration of mortgages, transfers of ownership or the registration of any type of vessel.
We can also establish British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands or Republic of the Marshall Islands entities to act as qualified owners of vessels registered under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and other flags and can act as representative person as needed.
We specialise in:
- Vessel sale, purchase and registration
- Ownership structuring (including the setup of vessel owning companies)
- Setup and administration of special purpose vehicle structures
- Demise charter registration
- Offshore oil and gas projects
- Crew contracts and employment matters (including Maritime Labour Convention contracts)
- Mortgage registration and enforcement
- Provision of representative person services
- Maritime disputes and accidents
- Vessel arrest and detention
- Publicly listed shipping companies
- Restructuring and insolvency advice
Our team of experts also work closely with Cayman Enterprise City's Maritime & Aviation City to offer solutions for companies to set up a physical presence in the Cayman Islands.