Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
As Aviation industry participants become familiar with the use of trusts and aircraft trading volumes continue to grow, the use of owner trust structures in Aviation deals is expected to become increasingly prevalent.
24 Nov 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is proud to announce that it has once again achieved top-tier rankings in The Legal 500 Caribbean 2021 Guide, further demonstrating its leading position in the region.
17 Nov 2020Read more
Maples Group Supports E-Scooter Producer Ninebot in First-Ever Listing of CDRs on China's STAR Market
The Maples Group was pleased to support Ninebot Limited ("Ninebot") on the first-ever listing of Chinese Depositary Receipts ("CDRs") on the Shanghai Stock Exchange Science and Technology Innovation Board ("STAR Market"). The offering, which closed on 29 October 2020, was a listing of 70.4 million CDRs that raised approximately RMB 1.33 billion.
29 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, was pleased to act as Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands counsel to Baidu, Inc. (the "Issuer") on its issue of an aggregate of US$650million 1.720% notes due 2026 and US$300million 2.375% notes due 2030, which closed on 9 October 2020.
29 Oct 2020Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Claire Morrissey to its growing Irish office.
28 Oct 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was delighted to once again act as lead Jersey counsel for Apache Capital Partners on a recent transaction.
21 Oct 2020Read more