Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-money Laundering (AML) / Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The Maples Group is proud to announce its support of the newly built music classrooms at Elmore Stoutt High School in the British Virgin Islands.
20 Dec 2019Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that it has achieved the highest rankings in The Legal 500 Caribbean 2020.
17 Dec 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that they have retained their Band 1 ranking in the Offshore category of the Asia Pacific Region in the Chambers Asia Pacific Directory 2020.
11 Dec 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce a number of new leadership appointments following its biennial management elections.
04 Dec 2019Read more
Earlier this month, Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was honoured to win two prestigious awards at the annual HFM Asia Services Awards and China Offshore Awards.
29 Nov 2019Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was pleased to advise Alibaba Group Holding Limited on its recent global offering of 500,000,000 shares and its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The offering is the largest in Hong Kong since 2010.
22 Nov 2019Read more