Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-money Laundering (AML) / Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Our Asset Finance, Banking and Corporate teams have been awarded three Finance Dublin Deals of the Year.
31 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Edwin Parker as Director of Business Development for the fund services business in Europe.
16 May 2019Read more
Mr. Gerhard H. A. Wallbank and Mr. Adrian Jack were appointed as High Court Judges of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court Commercial Division in the British Virgin Islands.
10 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group's global Asset Finance team has been recognised at the 2019 Airfinance Journal Awards for its involvement in four award-winning Deals of the Year.
03 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group has continued its recent wave of expansion with the appointment of two highly experienced professionals to its global team. Benoit (Ben) Sansoucy and Colin Nestor will both serve as independent directors, based in the Cayman Islands, providing specialist fiduciary services to a broad range of alternative investment vehicles.
10 Apr 2019Read more
Maples Group's legal services team successfully defend an appeal brought before the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.
08 Apr 2019Read more