The Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI), which comprises due diligence and reporting regimes such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS) introduces an information standard for the automatic exchange of financial information to combat tax evasion. While this is a significant step toward a globally coordinated approach, it does introduce added complexity and an increased compliance burden. The Maples Group is uniquely positioned to provide legal advice and administrative solutions to clients on all aspects of the AEOI, providing constructive and insightful advice and offering flexible and cost effective solutions to ensure clients meet the necessary requirements. Our services include:
- Advising on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg or assisting in relation to the potential application of FATCA and CRS, including entity classification, local and foreign tax authority registration and notification requirements, availability of reporting exemptions, self certification and due diligence requirements;
- Drafting or reviewing language for incorporation into offering materials, constitutional and other documents, where relevant;
- Drafting or reviewing self certification forms, sponsored entity agreements and delegation agreements;
- Drafting or reviewing policies and procedures;
- Registering a client with the IRS and obtaining a Global Intermediary Identification Number (GIIN), and/or registration, notification and liaison with local authorities, as applicable;
- Classification, validation and remediation of pre-existing accounts;
- Onboarding new accounts to ensure required data is captured, and obtaining forms and due diligence documentation for validation up front to facilitate compliance;
- Preparation and filing of reports that are compliant with applicable legal requirements; and
- Sponsoring entity services - taking responsibility for FATCA compliance on behalf of the client, including performing all initial and ongoing due diligence to identify any reportable accounts, GIIN registration and reporting where applicable.
LocationsCayman Islands | Dublin | Luxembourg
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
MPMF Fund Management (Ireland) Limited (“MPMF”), the Maples Group’s Central Bank of Ireland authorised UCITS management company and alternative investment fund manager, has announced a change to its structure. Effective 26 July 2019, MPMF, which was previously a joint venture with Paul Phelan and Philip McEnroe, is wholly owned by the Maples Group.
31 Jul 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that it has once again been recognised in the latest edition of the Chambers High Net Worth Guide.
29 Jul 2019Read more
Maples Group has been selected to provide Cayman Islands legal advice and trustee, management company, fund administration and directorship services to Indo-Japan Fund.
28 Jun 2019Read more
Our Asset Finance, Banking and Corporate teams have been awarded three Finance Dublin Deals of the Year.
31 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Edwin Parker as Director of Business Development for the fund services business in Europe.
16 May 2019Read more
Mr. Gerhard H. A. Wallbank and Mr. Adrian Jack were appointed as High Court Judges of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court Commercial Division in the British Virgin Islands.
10 May 2019Read more