Colm is co-head of Maples and Calder's Corporate team in the Maples Group's Dublin office. Colm has extensive experience in company law and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, venture capital, cross-border mergers and private equity investments. He has been involved in many of Ireland's most significant equity financings and transactions involving Irish private technology companies. Colm also has extensive experience advising institutional financial investors and private equity investors investing in and acquiring Irish assets. His practice includes Irish inward investment projects and other cross border transactions. Colm is a sought after advisor to many of Ireland's most successful venture-backed technology companies, having represented such firms as AMCS, Movidius and Web Reservations.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Taoglas on its acquisitions of ThinkWireless, Firmwave and ThinkSmarter;
- Sysnet Global Solutions in respect of the investments by FTV Capital and True Wind Capital;
- Movidius in respect of its acquisition by Intel Corporation;
- 3D4Medical on its sale to Elsevier/RELX plc;
- Altify on its sale to Upland Software;
- Draper Esprit on its investments in Sweepr and Roomex;
- AMCS Group on its investment round led by Insight Venture Partners and numerous acquisitions;
- CurrencyFair on its acquisition of Convoy Payments;
- Sky Aviation Leasing International on its sale to Goshawk Aviation;
- Altocloud on its sale to Genesys;
- MML Capital Partners on its investments in IdentiGEN, Agenda Communications and Irish Homecare;
- Clavis Insight on its acquisition by Ascential plc;
- Digital Marketing Institute in respect of an investment led by Spectrum Equity;
- Cardinal Carlyle Ireland on various Irish investments including Abtran and Carrolls Meats;
- Scopely on its acquisition of Digit Games; and
- working with numerous leading innovation driven enterprises in Ireland including Teamwork, Brightflag, Boxever, Hostelworld and Asavie.
Download Corporate Tombstones.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Colm joined the Maples Group in 2007. He previously worked for a large Irish corporate law firm. Colm has been recommended by IFLR1000 and noted in Chambers and Partners as a leading corporate lawyer.
2002 - Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland
University College Dublin, Ireland
Webinar: Protecting your Talent and your Business as you Scale
Silicon Republic - Leaders' Insights Series
COVID-19 Ireland Update: Management Equity Incentive Plans - Key Considerations
COVID19 Ireland: Support Extended Credit Guarantee Scheme and New Pandemic Fund
Simplified Merger Notification Procedure Announced by the CCPC
COVID-19 Ireland Update: New Irish Emergency Measures