Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-money Laundering (AML) / Counter-terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the relocation of two of its senior Dispute Resolution and Insolvency lawyers from its British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands offices to London.
05 Nov 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that it has once again been recognised at the 2019 IFLR Middle East awards that were held at the Burj Al Arab earlier this month.
30 Oct 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Kim Bishop as a Vice President and independent director within the fiduciary services team in the Cayman Islands.
30 Oct 2019Read more
In response to the increased volume of local and global regulatory laws, Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce the recent expansion of its global Regulatory group.
26 Sep 2019Read more
Three partners from Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, were honoured: Gwyneth Rees, Harjit Kaur and Heidi de Vries.
25 Sep 2019Read more
Legal Week has identified Cayman Islands Trusts & Private Client lawyer, Maxine Bodden, as a "Rising Star" in its Private Client Global Elite Directory 2019.
24 Sep 2019Read more