Compliance with global anti-money laundering (AML) standards continues to be a key issue for the industry. Increased regulatory focus and the implementation of aggressive international sanctions makes AML compliance even more important for firms that establish structures which are subject to local AML legislation in the jurisdictions where they are domiciled.
The Maples Group has unrivalled experience, having supported some of the world's largest financial institutions with the maintenance or delegation of AML and counter-terrorist financing procedures. We offer a risk based, cost effective solution that can be tailored to individual requirements and includes:
- Developing and assessing AML and risk management systems;
- Providing a qualified, named AML professional to act as money laundering reporting officer (MLRO), deputy MLRO or AML compliance officer;
- Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
- Acting as an ongoing liaison with local regulators, competent authorities or other regulatory or investigative agencies;
- Delivering AML training; and
- Providing an annual AML inspection that is designed to test and evaluate an internal AML programme and related controls.
The Maples Group also provides the following legal services with regard to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing compliance:
- Advising on the maintenance or delegation of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) procedures
- Development and assessment of AML / CTF and risk management systems
- Advising on suspicious activity reporting and reliance on relevant third party obligations
- Conduct of mock regulatory and AML / CTF inspections
- Provision of advanced AML / CTF training for compliance and reporting officers
- Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence and customer due diligence best practices
- KYC information verification and screening services
- Management of fraud and forensic inquiries and investigations
- Conduct of money laundering and fraud proceedings
- Provision of expert evidence on AML / CTF and regulatory obligations under British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish and Luxembourg law
Maples Compliance Services (Cayman) Limited, part of the Maples Group, has been recognised by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority as a suitably qualified AML auditor. We can provide AML audit services to SIBL Excluded Persons where we do not already provide AML officer appointments. As part of the AML audit, we will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the entity’s AML / CTF systems and procedures and prepare a written report outlining the results of our assessment.
LocationsAbu Dhabi | Bermuda | Boston | British Virgin Islands | Cayman Islands | Delaware | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Jersey | London | Luxembourg | Montreal | Netherlands | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is proud to announce that its Asia Pacific offices have once again received top-tier rankings in the 2021 editions of Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
20 Jan 2021Read more
Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP, the Maples Group's law firm in Ireland, is pleased to announce the addition of Lorna Smith who joins the firm as a Partner in its Financial Services Regulatory practice.
13 Jan 2021Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to support the Leon Levy Foundation, a private philanthropic foundation with US$450 million in assets. The Group's consolidated operational and technology platform for data aggregation, portfolio accounting and portfolio reporting and customized support has allowed the Leon Levy Foundation to meaningfully analyze its investments in a timely manner while better understanding the strategies to which it has allocated capital.
12 Jan 2021Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that its Asia practice has been recognised for its role in advising on seven of the transactions listed as Deals of the Year 2020 by China Business Law Journal ("CBLJ"). Additionally, Anthony Webster, Partner and head of the Funds & Investment Management team in Hong Kong and Matt Roberts, Partner and head of the Corporate practice in Asia were recognised on CBLJ's A-List.
12 Jan 2021Read more
24 Dec 2020Read more
The Maples Group was pleased to act as Cayman Islands counsel to Xiaomi Corporation in relation to its combined issue of US$855million zero coupon guaranteed convertible bonds, due 2027 and convertible into class B ordinary shares of Xiaomi Corporation under general mandate and approximately US$3.1billion subscription of placing of existing shares and top-up subscription of shares under general mandate.
18 Dec 2020Read more