The Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI), which comprises due diligence and reporting regimes such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS) introduces an information standard for the automatic exchange of financial information to combat tax evasion. While this is a significant step toward a globally coordinated approach, it does introduce added complexity and an increased compliance burden. The Maples Group is uniquely positioned to provide legal advice and administrative solutions to clients on all aspects of the AEOI, providing constructive and insightful advice and offering flexible and cost effective solutions to ensure clients meet the necessary requirements. Our services include:
- Advising on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg or assisting in relation to the potential application of FATCA and CRS, including entity classification, local and foreign tax authority registration and notification requirements, availability of reporting exemptions, self certification and due diligence requirements;
- Drafting or reviewing language for incorporation into offering materials, constitutional and other documents, where relevant;
- Drafting or reviewing self certification forms, sponsored entity agreements and delegation agreements;
- Drafting or reviewing policies and procedures;
- Registering a client with the IRS and obtaining a Global Intermediary Identification Number (GIIN), and/or registration, notification and liaison with local authorities, as applicable;
- Classification, validation and remediation of pre-existing accounts;
- Onboarding new accounts to ensure required data is captured, and obtaining forms and due diligence documentation for validation up front to facilitate compliance;
- Preparation and filing of reports that are compliant with applicable legal requirements; and
- Sponsoring entity services - taking responsibility for FATCA compliance on behalf of the client, including performing all initial and ongoing due diligence to identify any reportable accounts, GIIN registration and reporting where applicable.
LocationsCayman Islands | Dublin | Luxembourg
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The $US 501 million deal was hugely novel as it was the first ever US CLO transaction to employ a Cayman Islands LLC as its issuer.
09 Sep 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the expansion of its global Shipping team with the appointments of a number of strategic hires in Asia.
29 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that due to the growth of its business in Jersey, it has relocated its offices.
21 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group's law firm, Maples and Calder, is pleased to announce the appointment of Heidi de Vries as the Managing Partner of its London office.
20 Aug 2019Read more
Maples Group Welcomes US Bankruptcy Courts Decision on the Rights of Investors in Cayman Islands Funds
In the liquidation proceedings of Ascot Fund Ltd, a Cayman Islands incorporated company, the US Bankruptcy Court held that the rights of investors in Cayman Islands funds are to be determined by Cayman Islands law.
20 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Olena Mykhailenko as a Vice President in Dubai.
19 Aug 2019Read more