Security Operations Analyst
Position: SECURITY OPERATIONS ANALYST
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Montreal/Dublin/Leeds based Security Operations Analyst to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Security Operations Analyst reports to the Security Operations Manager and is responsible for the continuous monitoring and analysis of data, alerts and reports.
The responsibilities also include:
- The role will be primarily operational and will include access control, application and development, risk management, operational security, incident response, business continuity, operational and physical security of systems, as well as ongoing user training and reporting requirements.
- He / She will assist in the implementation and operation of the security programmes and projects, as well as the delivery of Information Security training to all staff as well as participating in the organisation of internal phishing simulations.
- Proactive monitoring and alert analysis from multiple tools is a key component of the role, ensuring appropriate action/escalation is undertaken within required timeframes and meaningful metrics are maintained.
- Maintaining quality of service by following organisational standards, the Security Operations Analyst will need to be able to recognise problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting security violations, and provide suggestions for security improvements.
Working as part of a global team, they will interact with all levels of staff as well as external vendors, contributing to team goals and supporting their peers.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- The ideal candidate will have a solid background in an operational role, ideally including experience with alert/incident triage and operational security.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are key, along with the ability to self-manage and consistently produce high standards of work on schedule whilst dealing with competing priorities in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills are required.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
14 King Street Leeds West Yorkshire LS1 2HL England
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
12 March 2021