VICE PREISDENT, FUND RISK MANAGEMENT
Position: Vice President - Fund Risk Management
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President will be a senior member of the Fund Risk Management team and will manage client relationships. Primary responsibilities include:
- Calculating, reviewing, and monitoring specified risk metrics and risk adjusted fund indicators;
- Developing and validating risk models on VaR, leverage, liquidity, stress testing and counterparty risk;
- Liaising with relevant service providers, such as managers, depositaries and administrators;
- Work on projects with other MPMF teams, including Compliance, Investments and Operational Risk;
- Support board members, prepare reports, present at board meetings;
- Manage deliverables to ensure compliance with regulatory and client requirements and to ensure streamlined and effective operations;
- Promote a positive culture and lead by example; and
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including clients, prospects, regulators, industry associations, Board members and colleagues.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Experience across both UCITS and AIF vehicles, with exposure to alternative asset classes a plus;
- 8 years’ experience in an Asset Manager, Management Company or Credit Institution;
- A master’s degree and/or a professional qualification (e.g. FRM, PRMIA, CFA) with an exceptional academic background is preferred;
- Be proactive; goals oriented, work well under pressure to meet deadlines, and should be willing to take on new activities and challenges;
- Advanced numerical skills, attention to detail, professionalism and excellent organizational and communication skills;
- An interest in financial markets, and the changing regulatory landscape with knowledge of the CP86 framework would be beneficial;
- Proven track record in delivering best in class service;
- Superior analytical and problem-resolution skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound business judgement; and
- A strong work ethic and sense of ownership.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, D02 Y512, Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
18 April 2021