REGIONAL DIRECTOR - HRBPs
Position: Regional Director – HRBPs
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Regional Director to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Regional Director – HRBPs works closely with the Global HR Director to develop the regional human capital strategy that aligns with the business strategy, in order to deliver organisational goals.
- Considers the employee lifecycle in the strategy to include succession planning; emerging talent; employee engagement, manager and leadership development and purposeful retention plans.
- Partner with HRBPs and translate the human capital strategy into strategic initiatives with the use of metrics and oversee the execution of associated programmes and projects
- Own HR strategic initiatives that directly drive business priorities and develop and retain top talent across the region, integrating cross-functional effects on timing, readiness for change and resource management.
- Work with the HRBP team to articulate and deliver consistent approaches to design and execution of strategic human capital goals and initiatives regionally, while supporting locally nuanced projects. Ensure alignment globally with the GHRD when and as appropriate.
- Partner with OD Consultant and GHRD, define and drive an integrated talent management strategy for MFS regionally; coach HRBP’s to tailor department-specific, data-based talent strategies with the leaders they support.
- Partner with the Compensation and Benefits Manager and GHRD to continually update MFS rewards program based on market data, internal feedback and the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Partner with the HR Communications Manager and GHRD to deliver effective communications for HR initiatives, events and changes.
- Drives functional excellence by developing HR Business Partner capability, instilling trust and value for the regional HR function.
- Serve as the region’s risk management expert and lead the team in mitigating risk and delivering positive outcomes with respect to complex employee relations issues.
- Responsible to implement programmes that support the regional D&I strategy across MFS. Escalation point for HR Business Partners to assist with planning and decision making in relation to policies, tools and procedures.
- Builds relationships with senior leaders to establish credibility as trusted advisor to influence key strategic decisions.
- Lead team by mentoring, advising and developing direct reports
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- At least 3 years similar experience in a Director and/or Regional HR position
- At least 7 years similar experience as a Human Resources Business Partner in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Team management experience
- Fluency in English is required
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
9 February 2021