Applications are invited by the Luxembourg office of Maples & Calder (Luxembourg) SARL, a law firm registered with the Bar of Luxembourg, for the position of Secretary.
The Secretarial role will be based in the Luxembourg office and will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to the Corporate team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in providing high level administrative support within a fast paced environment.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages
- Organising business travel for overseas visits/international visitors
- Ensuring that the client databases are up to date
- Processing of expense claims
- Maintaining diaries and arranging appointments
- Organising business lunches/dinners and client meetings
- Quick and accurate preparation of invoices, ensuring they are sent out as quickly as possible, following up with Accounts or other departments as required
- Responding to emails in a professional manner
- Consolidating the monthly fee accrual data by the required deadline
- Providing the necessary cover to reception on an ad hoc basis as and when required
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prior Secretarial experience or administrative support in a professional services environment or the legal industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- All candidates must be eligible to work within Luxembourg
- Language proficiency in French and/or German would be an advantage
About the Maples Group
The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with a client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to their specific needs. Its global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
For an explanation of how we handle your personal data submitted for positions with one of our European entities, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Maples and Calder (Luxembourg) SARL 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
16 October 2021