Position: Compliance Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Senior Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The role will report to the Maples and Calder Luxembourg Compliance Officer ("CO") and will be managing the Know Your Client due diligence process for clients of the Maples Group in order to ensure that it is at all times compliant with the provisions of relevant financial services legislation in Luxembourg.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Attend to Know Your Customer ("KYC") related queries received from relevant Maples employees, KYC parties and/or the Global Compliance Team
- Establish strong communication lines with relevant Maples employees, in particular the lines of business and the Global Compliance Team in order to ensure that KYC requests are dealt with professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner
- Evaluate new clients and related KYC parties in order to understand the nature of business, ownership and control structure and identify any higher-risk areas
- Ensure that appropriate KYC documentation for clients and KYC parties is satisfactory and manage ongoing KYC requirements, including verification of ultimate beneficial ownership
- Ensure KYC documentation is maintained in accordance with internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure enhanced due diligence policies and procedures are followed wherever higher-risk triggers are identified, escalating the matter to the CO as appropriate
- Ensure clients and KYC parties have been entered into the internal KYC database and that the Initial Financial Crime Risk Ratings are accurate and appropriate
- Ensure that non-compliant clients and KYC parties are identified and reported to the CO as appropriate and that steps are taken to remediate outstanding KYC information in an efficient and timely manner
- Conduct KYC and periodic reviews where necessary and report findings to the CO as appropriate
- Assist the CO in investigating Bridger and negative news findings and determine whether any matches could be considered positive results
- Assist the CO in reviewing Financial Crime Compliance policies and procedures to ensure that they comply with relevant jurisdictional AML, CTF and Sanctions requirements
- Identifying, assessing and addressing, where possible, KYC issues requiring escalation to the CO
- Assist the CO in ensuring that employees have received appropriate AML induction and refresher training as appropriate
- Assist the CO in maintaining the list of clients and potential clients that have been subject to enhanced due diligence procedures and those that have been identified as politically exposed persons
- Reporting to the CO on a regular basis summarising any queries or any trends identified
- Dealing with any other compliance related queries as assigned
- 1-2 years' experience in international legal services or financial services working with multiple jurisdictions
- A robust understanding of KYC on-boarding procedures
- Must show strong attention to detail
- Be comfortable working with time constraints and deadlines
- Be able to become self-sufficient
- Be an effective communicator verbally and in writing
- Strong prioritisation skills
- Bright, enthusiastic and quick learner
- Proactive and solutions-driven
- Strong team player
- Enthusiastic and committed to pursuing a career in complianceKnowledge of offshore jurisdictions and strong competence in French and/or German would be an advantage
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Maples and Calder (Luxembourg) SARL 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
1 October 2021