JUNIOR CLIENT ACCOUNTANT - STRUCTURED FINANCE
Position: Junior Client Accountant – Structured Finance
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Junior Client Accountant – Structured Finance to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Junior Client Accountant (“JCA”) within the Structured Finance team will work alongside the Client Accountants (“CAs”) and report into the Senior Client Accountants (“SCAs”), Vice Presidents (“VPs”), and/or Senior Vice President (“Senior VP”) within the Structured Finance department.
The JCA, depending on level of experience, will provide assistance and independently undertake a number of routine accounting mandates as directed by SCAs, VPs and SVP, and with the administration of a portfolio of accounting structured finance clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- processing day-to-day routine accounting transactions, reconciliation with bank and broker positions within Maples accounting systems;
- preparing management accounts and/or compiling financial statements (according to Lux GAAP and/or IFRS standard or any other accounting principles) on time and in accordance with the agreed terms of the engagement;
- ensuring files are compliant with MaplesFS procedures and policies;
- ensuring all relevant MaplesFS databases are completed and maintained with accurate information in relation to assigned portfolio of clients;
- ensuring all annual administration in respect of a client is completed in accordance with the MaplesFS policies and procedures and in a timely manner;
- liaising with auditors during the audit planning stages and during the course of the annual financial statement audit; and
- developing effective working relations with clients and responding promptly and professionally to client requests;
- through guidance and where required, preparing tax computations and submitting tax returns for the relevant tax heads incl., CIT (Corporate Income Tax) ,VAT. This would also involve liaising with relevant tax advisors for and on behalf of a client company;
- preparingeCDF filing and BCL reporting within deadlines for submission; and
- preparing FATCA and CRS reporting.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Completing studies with accounting specialization (i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or any other relevant qualification
- Up to 2 years experience and/or knowledge of Luxembourg corporate accounting gained in Fiduciary, Audit or any other similar business
- Lux GAAP and/or IFRS knowledge
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
17 June 2021