Position: Client Accountant
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Client Accountant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Client Accountants (“CAs”) within the Client Accounting team report into the Senior Vice President (“SVP”) within the Client Accounting department.
CAs, depending on level of experience, either responsible for (a) independently undertaking a number of routine accounting mandates and assisting with complex mandates as directed by AVPs, VPs and SVPs, and/or (b) for assisting AVPs, VPs and SVPs with the administration of a portfolio of accounting clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The CAs provide assistance in :
- processing day-to-day accounting transactions, reconciliation with bank and broker positions within Maples accounting systems;
- either preparing routine or assist in the preparation of complex management accounts and/or compiling financial statements (according to Lux GAAP and/or IFRS standard or any other accounting principles) on time and in accordance with the agreed terms of the engagement;
- liaising with auditors during the audit planning stages and during the course of the annual financial statement audit;
- developing effective working relations with clients and responding promptly and professionally to client requests;
- preparing clients forecasts and budgets;
- preparing and submitting eCDF filing and BCL reporting within the defined deadlines;
- preparing FATCA and CRS reporting.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Completing studies with accounting specialization (i.e. ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or any other relevant qualification
- 2 to 7 years of experience ideally gained in financial services
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg corporate accounting gained in Fiduciary, Audit or any other similar business
- Lux GAAP and/or IFRS knowledge would be considered as a plus
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
17 June 2021