Marketing & BD Executive
Position: Marketing & Business Development Executive
The Marketing and Business Development Executive reports to the Marketing Manager and works within the global marketing team to provide comprehensive business development and marketing support for practice groups across our European and Dubai offices. Typical marketing activities include business development support, direct mail and digital campaigns, sponsorship activation, event management and support as well as webinar and podcast management and promotion. The successful candidate must have the ability to influence senior stakeholders, and ideally have experience working in a professional services partnership structure. The individual should be able to understand the strategic business drivers for the firm / group, and work with the Marketing Manager and other senior team members to identify market opportunities to profile the partners and the brand, and to evaluate and quantify these opportunities.
This role will support one-to-one business development initiatives, and client relationship management to specific practice groups by tracking and managing the practice group's business development activity calendar, and ensuring that all contact is appropriately captured within the client relationship management (CRM) database.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the practice groups to identify market opportunities, marketing objectives and develop a plan of activity to meet and exceed these goals within the set budget parameters
- Proactively encouraging and managing lawyer involvement in marketing activities by clearly communicating the value and rationale of various active or proposed strategies and initiatives
- Identifying synergies between offices and practice groups, ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach to marketing activities
- Developing engaging content for marketing campaigns, collateral, websites, social media and other marketing initiatives, as required
- Proactively delivering on the planned campaigns, supporting BD / marketing virtual trips and managing the practice group marketing spend
- Overseeing all aspects of virtual events, from conception to completion, including the planning, coordinating and delivery of successful podcasts and webinars, and physical events and seminars in due time
- Actively building market intelligence around client issues and our services
- Managing corporate associations and ensuring lawyer engagement at key engagements. Building on these relationships to maximise branding opportunities
- Engaging in all relevant internal business development meetings and providing appropriate support, including market research, targeting activities and post-event reporting
- Organising marketing trips and participation at conferences and seminars, both online and in-person
- CRM database management and tracking and continuous analysis of competitor activity
- Working with the Global Communications team on directory and award submissions for relevant practice groups
- Preparing and managing marketing plans and budgets
- Innovation and creativity in sponsorship activation
- Supporting the implementation of strategic global initiatives to share best practice and ensure consistency and execution of all marketing and communications initiatives, working closely with the global marketing team members as needed.
The successful applicant will have the ability to engage credibly with senior partners and have the enthusiasm and initiative to manage and deliver impactful campaigns. The applicant will also be able to listen, influence and provide strategic and operational direction as well as be an excellent communicator with exceptional organisational and team player skills. A high degree of competency and the ability to handle a challenging and varied workload is essential. The individual's skills and experience will ideally include:
- A professional qualification in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred
- Over five years' experience in a marketing / business development role in professional services with knowledge of the finance / legal industry
- Experience of operating in a matrix organisation
- Ability to support and develop strong and innovative digital marketing strategies, using SEO and other techniques to drive traffic to company pages and generate interest in company services
- Experience in creating engaging content
- Strong event management and sponsorship activation experience
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to understand and respond to the needs of internal stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to build relationships within the Marketing team locally, regionally, and globally
- The ability to build networks with partners and staff at all levels across the firm and influence effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong project, organisational, time management and administrative skills
- Experience with InterAction or similar CRM systems; with experience in maximizing the data value, as well as being highly proficient in MS applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with email marketing software package Tikit or similar would be an advantage.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
200 Aldersgate St, Barbican, London EC1A 4HD, United Kingdom
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
21 May 2021
Pre-employment background screening
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.