VICE PRESIDENT - STRUCTURED FINANCE
Position: Vice President - Structured Finance
Location: London, England
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a London based, Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President reports to the Senior Vice President and supports the wider Structured Finance team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: To assist with the maintenance and upkeep of a portfolio of structured finance clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management of a portfolio of securitisation and structured finance deals, covering ABS, RMBS and asset finance deals;
- Reviewing complex transaction documents, coordinating the client acceptance process, and managing the ongoing administration of the deals;
- Business development and marketing duties;
- Involvement with the provision of other related fiduciary services, such as trustee services and other ancillary services;
- Involvement with other asset holding companies and SPVs as part of private equity and merger and acquisition transaction;
- Client relationship management;
- Liaising with the firm’s teams in its global offices that will provide certain services to deals including account preparation, regulatory filings and corporate secretarial services;
- Representing the firm through client marketing and at various industry association events; and
- Delivering high levels of client service while ensuring that each client relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Degree qualified, a background in Accounting and/or legal would be beneficial;
- Experience in liaising with originators, arrangers, lawyers, investment bankers, investment managers, prime brokers, custodians and other transaction parties located in various international jurisdictions is required;
- Experience in reviewing transaction documents and comprehensive knowledge of corporate governance, relevant local laws and regulatory requirements is required;
- A detailed understanding of the administration of all forms of UK structured finance transactions such as ABS, RMBS and covered bonds;
- A working knowledge of other international finance jurisdictions such as Ireland, Jersey, Luxembourg and the Netherlands would be beneficial;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with clients;
- Strong drafting, communication and presentation skills are essential; and
- Ability to use their own initiative and work well under pressure to meet deadlines, while remaining flexible in their duties.
ABOUT THE MAPLES GROUP
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
200 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HD, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
13 September 2021