Position: Software Engineer
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Software Engineer will contribute towards the development of the company's products according to supplied design and direction, while developing their own skills for further advancement. The Software Engineer will develop, test and document modules conforming to analysis and design specification in accordance with company policies and procedures. They will also design and develop database and application programming in the technologies used by the team. In addition, they will respond to assigned enhancement and bug fix requests; troubleshoot, develop, test, and document as necessary in accordance with existing procedures. They will work under deadlines, contribute towards projects, communicate, and operate effectively in a team environment. Primary responsibilities include:
- Interacts with the Engineering Manager and the Business Analysis team on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with your team to define and estimate user stories and tasks.
- Deliver clean, maintainable and scalable solutions.
- Promote best practices in clean code and unit testing.
- Lead the design and implementation of CI and CD pipelines.
- Lead design and implementation of security.
- Keep up to date with emerging technology.
- Mentor fellow colleagues, both in the team and the wider department.
- Provide regular lunch and learn or training sessions to the engineering teams.
- Travel as necessary to work with globally distributed teams.
- Be approachable and friendly.
- Assist with any other duties/projects that may be assigned from time to time.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 5+ years in production software development (specifically in the Microsoft Web stack).
- Expertise in C#, ASP.NET, .NET core.
- Expertise in automated testing (unit and integration testing, TDD, BDD)
- Expertise in Web and RESTful API development.
- Expertise in CI / CD pipelines.
- Expertise in micro service and event driven design.
- Expertise in SQL data design and querying.
- Knowledge of cloud services, preferably Azure.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks, such as Angular or React.
Additional Skills and Experience
Git Source Control
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
Pre-employment background screening
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
5th Floor, 14 King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HL, West Yorkshire, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events