CLIENT DATA ANALYST
Position: Reporting Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Reporting Analyst is responsible for delivery of automated and ad-hoc manual reporting requirements from Maples Group in house applications. They are expected to have breadth and depth of knowledge in SQL, Visual Studio & other reporting technologies. Primary responsibilities include:
- End to End Business Intelligence development, from the creation of the Data structures to the front end visualisation
- Creation of reports based on specifications derived from working in conjunction with Business Analysts and Business representatives
- Take ownership for delivering new projects, e.g. designing, writing and implementing the necessary processes to integrate data from new sources, and helping to design associated reports and dashboards.
- Deliver enhancements/bug fixes to existing reporting, whilst designing and developing new solutions for new reporting.
- Working to ensure the existing reporting remains stable and any issues are investigated and resolved.
- Working in a Scrum environment with the ability to pick up a variation of tasks
- Gather requirements from stakeholders
- Continuously encouraged to improve current skills and learn new technologies
- Continually review the ongoing stream of requests to ensure they are correctly prioritized.
- Keep up to date with emerging technology
- Travel as necessary to work with globally distributed teams
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Writing and understanding of T-SQL queries
- Knowledge of Views and Stored Procedures
- Ability to drill down and figure out why anomalies occur in data sets
- Be able to develop SSRS reports and set up automated subscriptions via the reporting server
- Be able to develop Power BI data models and visualisations
- Experience writing MDX/DAX Queries
- Ability to manipulate data to show the desired results on reports
- Be able to work with large datasets
- Knowledge and understanding of database structure and relationships amongst tables.
- Understanding of Visual Studio and how to set up projects
- Ability to deploy reports correctly to the reporting server
- Ability to test and monitor reports.
- Azure SQL Server and Azure Data Factory
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, communicate effectively across all levels of the organisational hierarchy.
• Power BI Report Server (on-prem) or Power BI Service
• Knowledge and experience with the Azure cloud
• Willingness to learn new things
Please note that it is Maples’ standard policy to undertake various background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. Maples will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Maples will make all job offer decisions on a case by case basis and will take a number of factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
5th Floor, 14 King Street, Leeds, LS1 2HL, West Yorkshire, England
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events