Fund & Fiduciary Services
Position: Compliance Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Jersey-based Corporate Administrator to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The role will report to the Jersey Compliance Officer and will be managing the Know Your Client due diligence process for clients of the Maples Group in order to ensure that it is at all times compliant with the provisions of relevant financial services legislation in Jersey.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Attend to Know Your Customer ("KYC") related queries received from relevant Maples employees, clients, KYC parties and/or the Global Compliance Team;
- Establish strong communication lines with relevant Maples employees, clients, KYC parties and/or the Global Compliance Team in order to ensure that KYC requests are dealt with professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Evaluate new clients and related KYC parties in order to understand the nature of business, ownership and control structure and identify any higher-risk areas;
- Obtain appropriate KYC documentation for clients and KYC parties and manage ongoing KYC;
- requirements, including obtaining evidence of ultimate beneficial ownership;
- Ensure KYC documentation is maintained in accordance with internal policies and procedures;
- Ensure enhanced due diligence policies and procedures are followed wherever higher-risk triggers are identified, escalating the matter to the CO as appropriate;
- Ensure clients and KYC parties are entered into the internal KYC database and that KYC approvals are appropriate and accurate;
- Ensure that non-compliant clients and KYC parties are identified and reported to the CO as appropriate, and that steps are taken to remediate outstanding KYC information in an efficient and timely manner;
- Conduct KYC and refresher due diligence searches where necessary and report findings to the CO as appropriate;
- Assist the CO in investigating Bridger and negative news findings and determine whether any matches could be considered positive results;
- Assist the CO in reviewing Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") policies and procedures to ensure that they comply with relevant jurisdictional AML requirements;
- Identifying, assessing and addressing, where possible, KYC issues requiring escalation to the CO;
- Assist the CO in ensuring that employees have received appropriate AML induction and refresher training as appropriate;
- Assist the CO in maintaining the list of clients and potential clients that have been subject to enhanced due diligence procedures and those that have been identified as politically exposed persons;
- Reporting to the CO on a regular basis summarising any queries or any trends identified; and
- Dealing with any other compliance related queries as assigned.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- 1-2 years' experience in legal services or professional services;
- A good understanding of KYC on-boarding procedures;
- Candidate must show strong attention to detail;
- Be comfortable working with time constraints and deadlines;
- Be an effective communicator and confident in client interaction;
- Strong Organisaitonal skills;
- Enthusiastic and committed to pursuing a career in compliance; and
- Knowledge of offshore jurisdictions would be an advantage.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
2nd Floor Sir Walter Raleigh House 48-50 Esplanade St Helier JE2 3QB Jersey
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
20 June 2021