Position: Listings Advisor
Maples and Calder (Ireland) LLP have an established and growing listing practice for both debt securities and investment funds.
The role is initially to work on the listing of debt securities but will also involve assistance in the listing of investment funds and the provision of continuing obligations advice for both.
The ideal candidate will have some experience within a listing environment but candidates from a compliance or company secretarial background will be considered.
The candidate will be expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Prospectus Directive, Transparency Directive and Market Abuse Directive as well as the listing guidelines of the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE) and be able to apply them to prospectuses received from clients.
The role will involve:
- Review and analysis of Prospectuses received from client legal counsel and provision of advice on how to conform to listing rules.
- Annotation of prospectuses and submission of applications to the ISE and/or the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI).
- Liaising between the ISE and/or the CBI and the client legal counsel to resolve any issues arising and co-ordinate the approval process.
- Provision of advice to clients on their continuing obligations requirements.
- Assistance with gathering market data and provision of analysis.
- Assistance with researching and drafting of client updates..
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is a strong team player, who is also able to learn quickly. Other key skills include:
- Very good academic background in the legal or financial fields.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills to develop the best solution for the client.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An enthusiasm to do research and analysis.
- In this role the candidate will report directly to and be supervised by Heads of Department and will receive direct training
Maples and Calder is a full service leading international law firm, advising financial, institutional, business and private clients on the laws of Ireland, the Cayman Islands and the British Virgin Islands. We are a people business, sharing a one firm mind-set working seamlessly across jurisdictions. Our commitment to excellence and our focus on delivering expert solutions continues to drive our expansion. We are an entrepreneurial and innovative firm with a strong international profile that sets Maples and Calder apart from other firms in the Irish market.
The wider Maples Group comprises more than 1,300 staff globally, over 350 of whom are based in Dublin. The Maples Group's reputation for excellence makes us the firm of choice for financial, institutional and corporate clients. The firm's affiliated organisation, MaplesFS, provides specialised fiduciary, accounting and administration services to corporate, finance and investment funds entities.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
75 St. Stephen's Green Dublin 2 D02 PR50 Ireland
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
20 July 2021