HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Position: HR Business Partner
This is a true business partnering role where you will work closely with business leaders and line managers to proactively drive the business priorities and manage change. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will balance operational, strategic and project work with the emerging and immediate needs of the business. The HRBP will work with others in the wider HR team to continually review and improve processes and ways of working.
The HRBP be based in the Dublin law firm and will be part of a HR team that supports over 220 staff. This role will report to the Head of HR Business Partnering, Dublin.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day coaching and advise employees, managers and partners on a variety of process, policy and procedural queries
- Support the development and drive the achievement of a localised HR strategy taking into account business priorities and the global HR strategy
- Actively participate in annual budget planning/workforce forecasting process with business managers
- Support the firm's annual Career Development conversations by providing training to reviewers and new joiners
- Provide advice for employees and managers on a number of employee relations matters such as, absence management, probation, family leave and agile/flexible working
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Head of HR Business Partnering, Dublin and the wider HR team as and when required
- Assist with the internal and external audit process
- Conduct exit interviews and provide an analysis to HR Leadership, highlighting any areas of concern.
- Support the complaints, disciplinary, and grievance process with relevant managers, making recommendations to the manager and Head of HR Business Partnering, including advising relevant manager/partner on Performance Improvement Plans
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to line managers to ensure that they effectively manage performance
- Work closely with managers to proactively identify training needs and create or procure Learning and Development programs accordingly. Where workload allows, you may be required facilitate/ co-facilitate learning workshops
- Create consistency in how HR is delivered to the businesses
- Manage recruitment of experienced qualified lawyers (including internal transfers to and from Dublin)
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of all local laws that are relevant to our legal industry and ensure all employee related support materials are up to date and legislatively compliant e.g. letter templates, policy guides and supportive documents
- Ensure all HR operations related administration is efficiently, accurately, securely implemented and legally compliant at all times (e.g. disciplinary outcome letters, appeal responses, etc.)
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters and protect the security of information, data and files
- Support the Head of HR Business Partnering and the wider (local and global) HR team with change initiatives across the business
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Previous generalist experience in a law firm or professional services environment is desired but not essential
- Expertise in multiple human resources practices, including performance management, talent acquisition and diversity and inclusion
- Strong written and verbal communication and will have in-depth employee relations experience with a strong working knowledge of Irish employment laws
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to incorporate HR data and metrics and analysis into meaningful HR insights with ability to assimilate information quickly and communicate key messages.
- Effective problem solving skills and be able to remain calm and professional in demanding situations
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task are essential
Knowledge of MS Office Suite, HR technology platforms, Applicant Tracking Systems, Adobe and FileSite would be an advantage.
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm’s needs.
The Maples Group is a leading service provider offering clients a comprehensive range of legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg, and is an independent provider of legal services, fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management services. The Maples Group distinguishes itself with a client-focused approach, providing solutions tailored to their specific needs. Its global network of lawyers and industry professionals are strategically located in the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to ensure that clients gain immediate access to expert advice and bespoke support, within convenient time zones.
For an explanation of how we handle your personal data submitted for positions with one of our European entities, please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice which is available here.
75 St. Stephen's Green Dublin 2 D02 PR50 Ireland
We offer an excellent compensation package for this role which includes; a competitive salary, a discretionary performance based bonus scheme and an excellent benefits package.
18 February 2021