ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, CLIENT ACCOUNTING
Position: Assistant Vice President, Client Accounting
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland - based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President reports to Vice President and/or Senior Vice President and supports the Client Accounting department. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: will be responsible for the daily administration of a portfolio of Irish, UK and Jersey SPV’s. Primary responsibilities include:
- processing day-to-day accounting transactions, reconciling bank and broker positions, preparing monthly management accounts and annual financial statements under Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS, audit liaison and client relationship management;
- will also be responsible for ensuring any tax filings, regulatory and ad-hoc reporting is completed in accordance with regulatory and deal requirements;
- additionally, will be required to deliver high levels of client service, while ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- will hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 2-3 years’ of post-qualification experience, ideally gained in financial services;
- will have a strong knowledge of corporate accounting, gained either in a Fiduciary or Audit related business;
- experience in accounts preparation or auditing of UK companies would be an advantage;
- will be expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and have a proven track record of managing a portfolio of clients.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
28 February 2021