VICE PRESIDENT - COMPANY SECRETARIAL
Position: Vice President – Company Secretarial
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add to Dublin – based Vice President – Company Secretarial to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
The Vice President of Company Secretarial will report to a Senior Vice President and will be responsible for providing company secretarial services to a portfolio of strategic clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Organising and attending board meetings, preparing detailed minutes of board meetings to a very high standard and arranging the execution of documentation;
- Advise the team on complex business matters;
- Involvement in directing ad hoc projects and may represent Maples Group at various industry association and marketing events as well as support the Senior Vice President in managing the affairs of the company secretarial group including coordinating group meetings and managing staff;
- Assist with new business documentation and monitoring the team’s portfolios to ensure compliance;
- Deliver a high level of client service while ensuring that each client relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures;
- Reviewing corporate requests and transaction documents;
- Assisting with KYC compliance; and
- Ongoing liaison with lawyers, investment managers and directors of hedge funds and managing team professionals.
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A University graduate with an excellent academic background or have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Previous minute taking experience is essential and knowledge of local regulatory governance will be an advantage;
- Prior experience coaching team members and proven leadership skills are required for this role;
- A legal background or company secretarial qualification is essential.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
15 July 2021