ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - COMPANY SECRETARY
Position: Assistant Vice President – Company Secretary
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based Assistant Vice Presidentto our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
The Assistant Vice President reports to Vice President and will be responsible for the administration and management of a varied portfolio of clients where Maples Fiduciary Services is providing company secretarial services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as a main point of contact for client companies and their board of directors and liaise with lawyers;
- Coordinate, schedule and attend Board, Committee and Shareholder meetings, draft agendas, minutes and resolutions;
- Coordinate all statutory and regulatory filings, maintain statutory books and records, respond to queries from clients and act as a channel of communication for clients and directors on all matters of company law and corporate governance;
- Get involved in internal projects and initiatives.
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Will be required to work on his/her own initiative, demonstrate excellent organisation and planning skills, be methodical, with strong attention to detail, have the ability to deliver on tight timescales and have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be able to work well in a team environment;
- Must have a 3rd level qualification in a related field and a minimum of 4-5 years relevant work experience in a corporate company secretarial role for the provision of company secretarial services, preferably within Irish legal or accountancy firm(s). Previous experience of structured vehicles/aviation companies is an advantage;
- Familiarity with the Companies Act 2014 is essential. Knowledge of Blueprint Software is an advantage;
- A corporate secretarial qualification from the ICSA is highly preferable for the position.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
25 April 2021