ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - FUND ACCOUNTING
Position: Assistant Vice President - Fund Accounting
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President reports to the Vice President and supports the private equity fund accounting team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: ensuring timely and accurate client deliverables and a high level of client service.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the preparation and review of complex net asset valuations for a portfolio of hybrid and private equity funds;
- Involvement in all client related administrative functions and liaison with lawyers, investment managers, prime brokers and other transaction counterparties in various international jurisdictions;
- Deliver high levels of client service, ensuring that each relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures; and
- Leading and developing a small team of Supervisors, Senior Fund Accountants and junior administrators.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Degree Holder in Accounting with at least 5 years’ PE and/or Hedge Fund related experience; and
- Proactive, self-starter and detail-oriented.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
1 December 2021