Position: Compliance Analyst
Location: Hong Kong
Reporting to the Regional Head of Compliance, provide advice, assistance and guidance for routine KYC activities, with day to day responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Identifying, assessing and addressing, where possible, KYC issues requiring escalation.
- Reviewing KYC documentation and following-up KYC requests (where applicable).
- Ensure that the KYC is obtained in the most efficient manner.
- Demonstrate compliance with KYC policies and correct use of KYC methods of approval.
- Help ensure the overall KYC status is within the parameters for KYC non-compliant percentages.
- Reviewing and monitoring the quality of KYC materials collected in accordance with the risk based review procedures and identifying and filling any deficiencies.
- Reporting to the Regional Head of Compliance (as appropriate) on a regular basis summarising any queries or any trends identified.
- Dealing with any other compliance related queries as assigned.
The successful candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, flexible and willing to learn, a good team player and self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility. Knowledge of Hong Kong or Cayman Islands anti-money laundering regulations and legislation is preferred but not required. The successful candidate must also be fluent in written English and Chinese.
26th Floor, Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, Wanchai
Personal Information Collection Statement
All applications received will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. If you are not hired for the position you have applied for, your application will be retained for up to 6 months and then destroyed. During this 6 month period, you may be considered for other appropriate openings within Maples and Calder (Hong Kong) LLP (the "Firm") unless you ask us not to do so.
For an explanation of why and how we handle personal information relating to our job applicants, please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice (Asia).