VICE PRESIDENT - COMPANY SECRETARIAL
Position: Vice President – Company Secretarial
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Luxembourg-based Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Vice President reports to Senior Vice President and supports the corporate secretarial team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: To actively lead the Luxembourg CoSec team’s contribution to the creation, development, and management of a Luxembourg–specific precedents database. To this extent, he/she is called upon to review the various documents drafted within the CoSec team, which may be adapted and used as the basis for the creation, and continuous update thereafter, of a precedents database.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Keeping abreast of local and international market and regulatory developments which may impact the local legal and corporate framework;
- Assist in the preparation and scheduling of internal presentations to other departments when required;
- The preparation and the delivery of topical training to a wider pool of staff in respect of select topics of interest in relation to specific knowledge gaps, needs, and points of common interest or any relevant amendment to the Luxembourg legal framework;
- Cultivate an extensive local network of individual and corporate contacts to facilitate local market initiatives and updates and develop the team’s knowledge management;
- Analysing group reporting and business issues for trends and escalation on a regular basis to executive management;
- Identifying, managing and (wherever possible) mitigating risk in respect to the CoSec group activities and services rendered to clients, and subsequently liaising with the Supervisor of the Company Secretarial Department;
- Acting in accordance with applicable legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with Group policies and procedures;
- Developing KPIs for individual and collective client satisfaction measurement as well as additional business opportunities;
- Identifying potential or existing conflicts, and providing commercially acceptable responses after consultation and in concertation with the Supervisor of the Company Secretarial Department where appropriate;
- Taking responsibility for ad-hoc projects and coordinating, driving and organising the project from beginning to end, showing leadership and awareness of effective project processes;
- Reviewing fee reporting under revised a la carte fee schedules (when initiated) and other information for further budget analysis within Maples and risk reporting in relation to client portfolios and profitability margins;
- Providing regular constructive and specific informal feedback and guidance, recognising both strengths and areas for improvement aswell as developing internal training programs to be proposed to colleagues; and
- Building leadership of the team by encouraging personal and professional development by providing valid, constructive and on-going feedback, recognising both strengths and areas for improvement.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Law degree or any similar equivalent education;
- At least 10 years of legal experience is required;
- Demonstrated strong leadership experience;
- Strong knowledge of Luxembourg companies laws and regulations as well as a good knowledge of AML regulations/guidelines;
- Fluent in English. Any other European languages would be considered as an advantage; and
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to deal with all levels of staff.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
MaplesFS Luxembourg S.A. 12E, rue Guillaume Kroll L-1882 Luxembourg
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 September 2021