TRANSFER AGENCY SUPERVISOR
Position: Transfer Agency Supervisor
Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Dublin, Ireland-based RTA Supervisor to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The RTA Supervisor reports to Assistant Vice President or Vice President and supports RTA Team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: assisting his/her Assistant Vice President or Vice President with relationship management for a portfolio of clients. Primary responsibilities include:
Client Work and Client Service
- Reviewing investor transactions including subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, exchanges, distributions and capital calls;
- Reviewing Nav's as calculated by the fund accounting team;
- Reviewing investor correspondence for accuracy including order acknowledgments, contract notes, capital call notices, distribution notices and valuation statements;
- Reviewing updates to investor static data in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Responding to client and shareholder queries promptly, accurately and with a high degree of professionalism;
- Preparing bank wires accurately and on a timely basis as directed by AVP/VP;
- Liaise with AML team in relation to AML queries;
- Liaising with auditors, compliance, MLRO’s, fund accounting team and other stakeholders to provide required information and respond to queries promptly;
- Sign off on and monitor workflow cases for the team;
- Under guidance of AVP/VP, ensure investor files are compliant with Maples procedures and policies;
- Under guidance of AVP/VP, review and approve investor FATCA / CRS information as well as preparing files for annual reporting;
- Under guidance of AVP/VP , developing effective working relations with clients and responding promptly and professionally to client requests;
- Assist in the on-boarding process for new funds to include a review of fund documentation, review of subscription application forms and set up of new funds on the relevant systems;
- Attend client calls, board meetings and third party service provider calls as required;
- Assisting team members with general administrative tasks and liaising with other departments as required;
- Attend and participate in team huddles and weekly team meetings;
Training and Development
- Assisting with training of Junior and Senior Administrators, within the Transfer Agency team;
- Providing input and feedback regarding employees performance, goal setting and performance appraisals;
- Demonstrating a commitment to acquiring new capabilities, constantly striving to improve performance;
- Proactively seeking out and taking advantage of training and development opportunities;
- Developing a continuous learning plan in conjunction with AVP/VP;
- Acting in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures;
- Reporting business issues to AVP/VP;
- Understand and speak knowledgably about the firm’s services and their value;
- Develop personal networks inside and outside the firm for the benefit of the firm;
- Delivering engagements on time, and to the clients full satisfaction;
- Being aware of the sensitivity of information and treating it appropriately;
- Demonstrating a high productivity level in work through time and cost control;
- Demonstrating capability to think broadly, considering a wide range of internal and external factors when solving problems;
- Assisting AVP/VP with compilation of management and risk reporting data for client portfolios; and
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects, including reporting, as required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Degree holder with 3-4 years in Financial services industry;
- Problem solving skills;
- A good team player but also being able to work independently;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Flexible and adaptable to change;
- Positive attitude & energy; and
- Strong technical skills.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
32 Molesworth Street Dublin 2 D02 Y512 Ireland
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
6 May 2021