VICE PRESIDENT - STRUCTURED FINANCE
Position: Vice President - Structured Finance
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Vice President - Structured Finance to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will serve as director/share trustee of a diverse portfolio of offshore companies engaged in structured finance transactions including CLO/CDOs, Note Programmes, Repackaging vehicles and other complex bespoke financing structures.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing an existing portfolio of structured finance transactions;
- Reviewing and commenting on transaction documents; and
- Coordinating the client acceptance process and delivering exceptional client service while ensuring that each client relationship is compliant with internal policies and procedures.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A university graduate withanexcellentacademicbackgroundanda minimum of 5 years relevant financial services experience;
- An understanding of the securitisation industry, particularly structured finance transactions as he/she will be expected to assume fiduciary duties on these transactions;
- Experience in reviewing structured finance transaction documents, and an understanding of corporate governance is a must; and
- Extensive knowledge of relevant local laws and current regulatory requirements with a focus on AEOI, AML Regulations and Economic Substance is required.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
12 September 2021