Funds and Fiduciary Services
Position: Compliance Officer
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Compliance Officer to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Compliance Officer reports to the Head of Compliance. Primary responsibilities include supporting the Fiduciary Services and Fund Services business with the following:
- Reviewing and approving due diligence information and documentation in order to ensure compliance with Cayman Islands anti-money laundering legislation, regulations and associated regulatory guidance;
- Assisting other teams within members the Maples Group with the completion of compliance reports, liaising with existing and prospective clients and related contacts, updating internal systems with relevant data and assisting with ad hoc regulatory projects as required; and
- Overtime and an ability to meet deadlines will be required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Extensive knowledge of Cayman Islands AML legislation in-depth analytical skills;
- The successful candidate will be a university graduate with an excellent academic background, will hold a recognised Compliance related qualification and have at least five years’ relevant experience in the compliance industry;
- The successful applicant will have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications; ans
- This post requires significant attention to detail, professionalism, ability to multi-task and having excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills.In addition, the successful candidate will be required to adhere to internal policies and procedures.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
24 October 2021