Position: Content Writer
Location: New York, United States
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add New York, United States-based Content Writer to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
This position will be primarily responsible for helping to develop and maintain a content strategy for the fiduciary, fund services, regulatory and compliance, and entity formation and management businesses and will support the business goals of increasing brand awareness, growing website traffic and generating online leads. The role will be a part of the Maples Group's global marketing team, which provides integrated marketing, communications, client relationship management and business development support and will report into the Senior Public Relations Manager. Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting content initiatives including, but not limited to, thought leadership articles and white papers, press releases, industry updates, general media advisories, website content, newsletters, video scripts and speeches with additional ad-hoc copywriting support for advertising and social media;
- Working collaboratively with global marketing resources, lawyers and senior professionals as well as external industry experts, to produce content that meets the needs of key stakeholders and clients;
- Identifying opportunities for new content by monitoring industry developments as they related to our client base and target audience;
- Preparing and managing a distribution strategy to ensure optimized results reach a targeted audience, including implementing measurable analytics and delivering regular reporting and insights to inform future campaigns and initiatives; and
- Providing marketing support to on special projects as needed.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or equivalent;
- 5-7 years+ experience writing original short- and long-form content for the web and other digital properties, including video, in either a corporate or agency setting;
- Experience in editing and re-purposing existing source content for the web;
- A thorough understanding of a wide range of legal and financial concepts, including the services and operational structures of law firms and financial services companies and the clients they service; specific knowledge of the alternative investment industry and structured finance markets is a plus;
- A solid understanding of content strategy, user experience design, and usability principles along with basic knowledge of taxonomy, metadata, and SEO/SEM principles, and content management systems;
- An ability to facilitate engaging discussions and ask thoughtful questions to solicit unique perspectives and insights from subject matter experts;
- An ability to write clean, crisp, engaging copy that follows brand, tone of voice, and house style guidelines;
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional team across various geographic locations and time zones;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, including senior management; and
- A proven ability to be organized, detail-focused, multi-task and deliver on several concurrent project assignments;
- The successful candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry. The individual will be highly organized with excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
Candidates for this role will be asked to provide a portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate the above skills and experience as well as references. In addition, qualified candidates under consideration may be required to complete a copywriting and editing exercise as part of the interview process.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on our corporate website. Experience our culture and our people on our Careers Page or on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
1185 Avenue of the Americas, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10036 United States of America
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
19 June 2021