Position: Software Engineer
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. Operating in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman, Software Engineer to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Software Engineer will work as part of a Scrum team to deliver software to internal and external customers of Maples. The Software Engineer will work closely with fellow developers, testers, products owners, scrum master and business stakeholders to deliver backlog items to the highest quality standards.
The Software Engineer will use test driven development (TDD), appropriate design patterns and SOLID principles and will be responsible for writing unit, integration and GUI tests. The Software Engineer will be responsible for code reviews and associated testing of backlog items. The Software Developer will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline. The Software Engineer will be expected to suggest and implement enhancements to the existing processes, technology and techniques utilised by the team.
The Software Engineer will be responsible as part of a team for deployments to, monitoring and support of production environments. The Software Engineer will be responsible as part of a team for deployments to, monitoring and support of production environments
- Collaborate with your team to define and estimate user stories and tasks.
- Deliver clean, maintainable and scalable solutions.
- Understand how your code gets from source control to production and plan up front for every user story to be delivered.
- Assist with the design and implementation of CI and CD pipelines.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security.
- Keep up to date with emerging technology.
- Travel as necessary to work with globally distributed teams.
- Be approachable and friendly.
What You Bring
- 5+ years in production software development (specifically in the Microsoft Web stack).
- Expertise in C#, ASP.NET, .NET core.
- Expertise in Web and RESTful API development.
- Expertise in CI / CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud services, preferably Azure.
- Knowledge of front-end frameworks, such as Angular or React.
- Knowledge of micro service and event driven design.
Additional Skills and Experience
- Azure Devops
- Git Source Control
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Octopus Deploy
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm’s needs and changes to any relevant local laws ensuring compliance at all times.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
It is Maples’ standard policy to undertake background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. We will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Job offer decisions are made on a case by case basis and will take certain factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.