BUSINESS PROCESS ANALYST
Position: Business Process Analyst
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman, Business Process Analyst to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Business Process Analyst is involved with the design and implementation of technology-enabled process The Business Process Analyst is responsible for the design, creation and modification of processes, workflows and integrations to increase business efficiency and minimize errors. You will be expected to contribute to multiple streams of work in a high pressure but exciting environment.
You will be key in the definition of new workflows, the creation of appropriate forms, and the ongoing maintenance of existing processes in a support capacity. You will be responsible for ensuring that appropriate information is captured for reporting and that the appropriate reports are created and made available.
Working with various subject matter experts (“SMEs”) in our global service lines, you will assist with increasing the effectiveness of processes carried out by the business and implementing best practice with regards to duplication of effort and ensuring consistency of understanding across disparate and varied practice areas.
You will be responsible for ensuring process standards are applied and a consistent approach is found through all supported workflows. This is an exciting opportunity to drive, influence and participate in planning and development in an evolving agile environment.
- Obtains requirements for new and existing processes and workflows. Evolves to meet new and changing business requirements, and working with SMEs develops business/client friendly solutions, processes, documentation and reports.
- Performs data analysis and maintains data through periodic reviews.
- Manages production business process environment, issues and their resolution.
What You Bring
- 2+ years in production software development (specifically in the Microsoft Web stack).
- Expertise in C#, HTML, Java Script, JSON, CSS
- Experience with SQL Server
- Expertise in Web and RESTful API development.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud services, preferably Azure Devops
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, R Language, M Language preferred
- Experience with AgilePoint Low Code (or any low code toolset) preferred
- Experience with Selenium portable web application testing framework
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills. Poses insightful questions with the ability to explain concepts to a wide range of people with varying levels of technical knowledge, challenges the status quo, processes information and makes connections, understands the relationship between concepts, understands how changes to components impact overall systems, evaluates and validates alternatives for action, while managing organized information and procedures.
- Strong process modelling skills. Can demonstrate the ability to identify user needs and model data flows, system integrations and interactions across system boundaries to meet them.
- Strong technical implementation skills. Can demonstrate the ability to work with off-the shelf systems to create the desired results. Determines, implements, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing information needs.
- Experience reviewing and examining disparate business systems, developing process models, and implementing workflows.
- Demonstrates a high level of quality in work products, diligence in analysis performed and precision in statements made. Communicates complex data in comprehensible ways and reports that meet customer needs.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
It is Maples’ standard policy to undertake background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. We will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Job offer decisions are made on a case by case basis and will take certain factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.