BUSINESS ANALYST - FINANCE SYSTEMS
Position: Business Analyst - Finance Systems
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman, Business Analyst - Finance Systems to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Business Analyst is involved with the design and implementation of technology-enabled process reengineering initiatives that drive operational efficiencies and provide new sources of competitive advantage for Maples and Calder. Maples Technology is a small dynamic team, and you will be expected to contribute to multiple projects in a high pressure but exciting environment from project initiation to release and handover.
The role will provide industry expertise and leverage business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver value. This role will play an integral part in building and enhancing the business requirements and ensure that they are supported.
You will be key in defining and driving business process change. For each project, you will be asked to represent the vision of a product and be the voice of the customer through the product development lifecycle and to present this information to the development teams that you work with. You will be working with key stakeholders from all parts of the organisation to expand and elaborate on features that the team will develop. You will be responsible for helping prioritise the future development of each product release.
Using fundamental Business Analysis techniques as your foundation you will be responsible for providing a definition of a product that best meets the needs of the customer and the business. In the role you will provide leadership, show strong organisational skills and bring industry expertise to bear, leveraging business and technical knowledge to support strategy and deliver value.
Using a combination of strong business understanding, solid analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent interviewing and facilitation techniques, you will lead the discovery and conceptual design work and translate business needs into solutions and features. You will play an integral part in building and enhancing the business requirements and stories prior to development and ensuring that that they are supported by the appropriate change in the business.
- Obtains Business case creation and benefits management throughout the product lifecycle
- Assist with the delivery of business process improvement.
- Communicates and advocates the product and business vision. Drives and supports change management and communications.
- Drives Business Analysis and design in a joint waterfall/agile environment. (Business requirements elicitation and elaboration, process design and development and modelling based on BABOK and other techniques).
- Develops strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders. Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Influences requirements and process to effectively utilise systems and applications without customization where appropriate.
- Works closely with the other members of the IT team to resolve issues and develop business/client solutions.
- Demonstrating a high level of quality in work products, including diligence in analysis performed and precision in statements made.
- Acts in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements, including complying with policies and procedures.Reports business issues to the Project Manager, Head of Finance Systems and/or CIO
- Develops strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders
- Contributes to on-going development of the Business Analysis function, including internal processes, documentation and modelling.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field plus minimum 3 years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Strong people and communication skills (written, verbal and presentations to groups).
- Strong background of analysis across a number of business processes applications, data definitions, integrations, and varieties of infrastructure.
- Demonstrates accountability and leadership.
- Competent ability to deliver under pressure and respond to a changing environment
- Effective leadership skills and proven ability to motivate teams to achieve results. Can demonstrate the ability to manage demanding and challenging stakeholders.
- Has worked in and feels comfortable with international, virtual, multi-cultural, multi-disciplined, and high performance working teams.
- Extensive experience reviewing and examining business processes and systems, modeling and analysing data, organising activities and developing business strategies.
- Demonstrates a high level of quality in work products, including diligence and detail oriented in analysis performed and precision in statements made.
- Experience of working as lead analyst on multiple projects in a small team.
- Experience working in a legal or professional services environment is preferred.
- Appropriate analysis training/qualifications are preferred (BCS/ISEB diploma, IIBA certification,)
- Agile/Scrum experience desired. Certified Scrum Product Owner or Certified Scrum Professional preferred.
Training will be on going based on individual and the firm’s needs and changes to any relevant local laws ensuring compliance at all times.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Ugland House, South Church Street, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
It is Maples’ standard policy to undertake background screening checks, including criminal records checks, on all applicants to whom a conditional job offer is made. We will only ask applicants to disclose a past criminal conviction when a conditional job offer is made. If you have a criminal record it does not mean that your job offer will be automatically withdrawn. Job offer decisions are made on a case by case basis and will take certain factors into account, such as the role that you are applying for and the nature and circumstances of the past offence. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with Maples before a decision is made.