REGIONAL BUSINESS CONTINUITY OFFICER
Funds and Fiduciary Services
Position: Regional Business Continuity Officer
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman-based Officer to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Regional Business Continuity Officer (“RBCO”) will report directly to the Program Director and be primarily responsible for driving the Regional Crisis Management Team ("CMT") to ensure that the Maples Group is mitigating impact from incident risk and the reputational loss carried from those incidents and that the business complies with applicable Business Continuity laws, standards, and regulations across all jurisdictions within the region for which the RBCO oversees.
Key duties will also include:
- Championing and facilitating the Maples Group Global Business Continuity and Crisis Management Programme strategy;
- Lead and/or provide direction on all Business Continuity and Crisis Management related projects, ensuring these are adequately designed to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices for the region;
- Become an expert over the Maples Group BCM structure and strategy;
- Project manage and execute the tasks provided from the Global Crisis Management Committee ("CMC") and Program Director;
- Drive CMT meetings, and incidents;
- Write local Business Continuity / Crisis Mangement plans ("BCP") and draw data from SMEs in coordination with the Maples Group global BCP; and
- Testing and quality assurance of the programme within the region.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role;
- Experience leading a multi-jurisdictional planning division. Crisis Management or Business Continuity preferred;
- BCM or CM certification from an industry accreditor preferred;
- Ability to drive senior leadership through strategy and responsibilities;
- Deep experience working with department heads to write plans and gather dat;
- Must be willing to commit a majority of time to learning the business, the players, and most importantly, data entry and plan writing.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events