EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT - SHORT TERM CONTRACT
Fund & Fiduciary Services
Position: Executive Assistant – Short Term Contract
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands based Executive Assistant to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. Recognised as one of Montreal's top employers, we are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant reports to Chief Financial Officer and supports The Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: Fulfill general secretarial duties.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Calendar management comprising of scheduling meetings across multiple jurisdictions,
- Succinct and accurate minute taking,
- Coordinating travel arrangements,
- Reviewing expense claims in line with corporate expense policies,
- Organizing signature approval for time sensitive documents and
- Any other ad hoc request, as required.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, work effectively, meet deadlines and deliver to the highest level of efficiency and accuracy.
- He/she must have experience in maintaining complex diaries and coordinating virtual and in-person executive level meetings.
- Previous experience in the financial services environment would be as asset.
- At least 5 years prior secretarial, PA or administrative experience in a professional office environment, with a minimum of two years of supporting senior management roles.
- He/she must be possess adept IT skills and proficient level knowledge of all Microsoft Office products. Have a minimum typing speed of 55wpm with complete accuracy, and be comfortable using various software.
- Impeccable attention to detail, professionalism and strong organisational skills.
- The ability to use his/her own initiative, be proactive, work well under pressure, be observant to Executives’ needs and exercise absolute discretion when handling sensitive information.
- Overtime may be required at short notice and occasionally on evenings and/or weekends.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
28 December 2021