ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT– GROUP RISK AND COMPLIANCE
Funds and Fiduciary Services
Position: Assistant Vice President- Group Risk and Compliance
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman Islands-based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for assisting the Group Risk team with the implementation, delivery and management of the Maples Group’s Risk Management program in addition to a wide range of special projects, which are key elements of the comprehensive risk management framework for the group.
In addition, the role will have a number of on-going responsibilities as relates to the group’s regulatory, risk and compliance functions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assistance with the preparation of presentations and reporting;
- Data input including the general maintenance of various risk registers and logs;
- Development and management of various workflows e.g. Policy & Procedures;
- Monitoring compliance with applicable regulatory filing and reporting obligations across the Maples Group entities;
- Assistance with the drafting and review of various risk framework and assessment documents;
- Assistance with the drafting and review of various policy documentation;
- Assistance with client DDQs;
- Assistance with vendor risk management;
- Maintaining dialogue with internal and external auditors, legal counsel, compliance and the various business teams.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the successful candidate will have:
- must be able to work independently, thrive at multi-tasking and have strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills;
- will have a law or business degree from a reputable institution and/or have obtained a risk or compliance qualification or otherwise, have at least 5 years’ experience specifically as a risk and compliance professional;
- expertise in risk assessment, internal control, compliance or audit function in the Financial Services sector will be advantageous;
- knowledge of Cayman (and/or other) Regulatory Regimes will be an advantage.
Key skills for this role are as follows:
- superb attention to detail, professionalism, excellent organizational skills;
- be a self-starter with the ability to handle a complex and diverse workload;
- strong drafting, critical thinking and communication skills;
- sound working knowledge of all Windows applications;
- experience with relationship management and client service;
- excellent time management, organizational, prioritization and communication skills, both verbal and written (fluent written and oral English).
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
28 November 2021