ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - COMPANY SECRETARIAL
Position: Assistant Vice President - Company Secretarial
Location: Cayman Islands
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Cayman-based Assistant Vice President to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Assistant Vice President reports to the Vice President and supports the Corporate Secretary Department. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: will be responsible for providing client management, board support and corporate secretarial services to a single strategic client.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Proactive and attentive relationship management;
- Attending to a broad range and high volume of daily client requests;
- Overseeing daily operations with a view to maintaining workflow and applying high corporate governance standards in all areas;
- Will be responsible for corporate secretarial duties which will include, but are not limited to,organising, attending and leading weekly, monthly, ad-hoc and tri-annual board meetings;
- Preparing minutes to a meticulous standard and ensuring all matters arising from such meetings are actioned and completed appropriately;
- Will be required to deliver a high level of client service while ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures; and
- Will be required to be able to understand and review corporate requests, review documentation, assist with KYC compliance and maintain dialogue with legal counsel, the investment manager and directors of the client companies.
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following::
- Must be able to work independently, thrive at multi-tasking and have strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Will have a law degree from a reputable institution and/or have received a Chartered Secretary qualification or otherwise, have at least 5 years’ experience specifically as a corporate secretarial professional;
- Previous minute taking experience is essential and knowledge of Cayman and Irish Regulatory Regimes, as well as the Cayman Islands investment funds industry, will be an advantage;
- If an otherwise suitable candidate does not meet the above requirements then a commitment to undertake a course to gain such a Chartered Secretary qualification may be required.
The interview process may include a test to assess writing skills.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
Boundary Hall Cricket Square PO Box 1093 Grand Cayman KY1-1102 Cayman Islands
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical)
- Competitive vacation packages
- Educational assistance and professional development programmes
- Savings or pension plan
- Life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Global mental wellness programme
- Sports clubs and social events
24 October 2021