Specialist legal advice and support, given in a timely manner and from a team with real experience, can make a positive impact on the revenue that a business can generate from its sports, media or entertainment interests.
Our legal advice is provided by a team of lawyers situated in every major time zone. We can tell you when it might be advantageous to establish a British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish, Jersey or Luxembourg entity for the purpose of owning your interests and we can advise you how best to structure your licensing or distribution arrangements in different regions so as to maximise income from your assets. Our services include:
- acquisition and ownership holding structures
- funds for the purposes of investing in sports ventures including player funds
- joint ventures both with respect to investment in the sports industry and between sports entities, the media and technology companies
- intellectual property holding structures
- licensing of intellectual property including with respect to brands and brand merchandising, sponsorship deals, naming rights, merchandising, multimedia and gaming products
- sports related financing for teams, clubs, leagues and associations by means of secured loan financing, credit facilities, bond issues, commercial paper and long term fixed rate debt facilities, including securitisation of future flow revenue (ticket sales, broadcasting rights and royalties) and stadium financing
- media right holding structures
- broadcasting – domestic and international television, radio, internet broadcasting and mobile wireless agreements
Personality / Athlete Services
- ownership of image and associated intellectual property rights
- licensing of image and associated intellectual property rights including endorsements on a regional and global basis
- trust structures for private wealth management
Our specialist skills and knowledge are strongly supported by the collective expertise of our Corporate, Funds & Investment Management, Finance, Intellectual Property and Trusts & Private Client groups.
LocationsCayman Islands | British Virgin Islands
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
In response to the increased volume of local and global regulatory laws, Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce the recent expansion of its global Regulatory group.
26 Sep 2019Read more
Three partners from Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, were honoured: Gwyneth Rees, Harjit Kaur and Heidi de Vries.
25 Sep 2019Read more
Legal Week has identified Cayman Islands Trusts & Private Client lawyer, Maxine Bodden, as a "Rising Star" in its Private Client Global Elite Directory 2019.
24 Sep 2019Read more
The $US 501 million deal was hugely novel as it was the first ever US CLO transaction to employ a Cayman Islands LLC as its issuer.
09 Sep 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the expansion of its global Shipping team with the appointments of a number of strategic hires in Asia.
29 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that due to the growth of its business in Jersey, it has relocated its offices.
21 Aug 2019Read more