William is an associate in Maples and Calder's Corporate team in the Maples Group's Dublin office. William advises on a wide range of corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, corporate restructurings and shareholder matters.
- the shareholders of 3D4Medical on its sale to Elsevier;
- BidX1 on the strategic investment by Pollen Street Capital;
- Altify on its sale to Upland Software;
- AMCS on various international acquisitions;
- Great Point Partners on the recapitalisation of SteriPack Group;
- Upland Software on its acquisition of Interfax Communications;
- the Avolon Group on its acquisition of the CIT Group;
- Digital Marketing Institute in respect of an investment led by Spectrum Equity;
- Marathon Asset Management on various Irish acquisitions and investments;
- GW Plastics on its acquisition of Avenue Mould Solutions;
- Cardinal Carlyle Ireland on its investment in Abtran;
- Pharmapod on its CAD3m investment from the Canadian Pharmacists Association and various commercial matters;
- BGF on its €10.5m investment in Edgescan;
- MBK Partners on its acquisition of Accordia Golf;
- Bain Capital on corporate governance and company law matters; and
- Code Institute on its recent investment from Kernel Capital and Infinity Capital.
Download Corporate Tombstones.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Maples Advises Apache Capital Partners on Sale of International Firm's HQ in Jersey
William joined the Maples Group in 2015. Previously, he was an associate in the corporate department of another large Irish law firm.
Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2014
Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising), 2015
University College Cork, BCL (Clinical) (First Class Honours), 2008
University of Limerick, LLM (International Commercial Law) (First Class Honours), 2009
Dublin Business School, Diploma in Taxation (Distinction), 2011