- ING Bank as lender to Mediahuis BV on the take private of Independent News & Media PLC;
- the management team in Arachas on its recent sale;
- Sysnet Global Solutions on the investments by FTV Capital and True Wind Capital;
- the owners of the Conrad Hotel Dublin on its recent sale to Archer Hotel Capital;
- BGF on its €10.5 million investment in Edgescan;
- Fleetmatics on its NYSE IPO, follow-on offerings and US$2.4 billion takeover by Verizon;
- Francisco Partners and Elliott Management Corporation consortium on the acquisition of Dell's software business;
- Silver Lake Partners on its US$25 billion acquisition of Dell Inc.;
- CoreHR on its sale to the Access Group;
- BidX1 on the strategic Investment by Pollen Street Capital;
- Upland Software on its acquisitions of Altify and Interfax Communications;
- Susquehanna Growth Equity on its Investments in Phorest and Poppulo;
- Rockall Technologies and its shareholders on its sale to Broadridge;
- Sandman Signature on its acquisition of the Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links; and
- a private consortium on the acquisition of Cityjet.
Download Corporate Tombstones.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Patrick joined the Maples Group in 2011 having previously worked in the Dublin and London offices of a large Irish corporate law firm.
Patrick was ranked as "Highly Regarded" in IFLR 1000 2020 and clients attested that he was "very responsive, knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with”. He was also praised for being an “excellent client manager” as well as "straightforward, commercial, personable, experienced and results focused”.
Patrick was ranked as a "Leading Individual" in The Legal 500 2020 EMEA Guide, where he was described as "very accessible, responsive and hardworking, with a really good knowledge of how to construct and negotiate transactions.” Another client praised him for being an “excellent lawyer” and “very responsive, providing practical advice and working seamlessly with clients and other advisers”.
In the 2020 Chambers Global Guide, Patrick was also ranked and sources stated that he was “a calm, thoughtful and measured individual whose opinions are based on knowledge of the facts, and hence he provides excellent advice”.
University College Dublin, BCL (Hons), 1996
Brexit Update: Countdown to the End of the Transition Period
Chambers Global Practice Guide to Private Equity 2020: Ireland
COVID-19 Ireland Update: Company Law Changes
COVID-19 Ireland Update: Management Equity Incentive Plans - Key Considerations
COVID-19 Ireland: Support Extended Credit Guarantee Scheme and New Pandemic Fund
Central Register of Beneficial Ownership of Corporates: An Update - Ireland