Position: Financial Reporting Analyst
Location: Montreal, Canada
The Maples Group is a standard bearer in financial and legal services, trusted by many of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, private equity firms and international corporations.
Our distinction flows from our carefully curated team: 2,000+ professionals characterised by tenacity, ethics and exacting excellence. We hire smart and sharpen smarter, arming talent with best-in-class resources and skills. With 18 locations across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, our international presence offers a unique springboard for career development and cross-cultural immersion. Our side-by-side financial and legal services are similarly ripe for interdisciplinary learning and growth.
The Maples Group looks to add a Montreal, Canada-based Financial Reporting Analyst to our team and invites eager and qualified candidates to apply. We are committed to diversity, inclusion and equality of opportunity as we attract, retain and develop world-class talent.
Who We Seek
Our merit-based culture suits professionals in pursuit of boundless careers and lives. Beyond their acumen, team members are collaborative and conscientious, bringing a healthy sense of drive and purpose to each interaction and to all aspects of their work.
About the Role
The Financial Reporting Analyst reports to Financial Reporting Manager (the “Manager”) and supports the global team. Its tactical responsibilities feed one larger objective: proactively participate and drive the development of effective analytical models and frameworks for the Finance function and effectively collaborate and communicate to improve performance. Primary responsibilities include:
• will be responsible for performance reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis, as well as other ad hoc requests as and when required;
• will be responsible for expense analysis and reporting, contribute to the monthly financial close by collaborating effectively with finance teams globally, calculating and posting cost reallocations, budget and forecasting review and analysis and subsequent evaluation thereof;
• the reports and information provided by the Financial Reporting Analyst are used by the Executive Management Committee and MaplesFS senior business heads to proactively manage risk, measure efficiency and make business decisions.
About the Maples Group
Over five decades, the Maples Group has grown from modest beginnings into one of the world's preeminent professional services firms, offering specialised fiduciary, fund administration, regulatory and compliance, entity formation and management and legal services on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg.
You can learn more about the Maples Group on our corporate website. Experience our culture and our people on our Careers Page or on LinkedIn.
Disclaimer: All personal information collected during the application process will be used for recruitment-related purposes only. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice at maples.com/privacy for details on how we handle personal information relating to job applicants.
2000 McGill College Avenue Suite 2050 Montreal, Quebec H3A 3H3 Canada
What You Bring
In addition to indisputably high ethical standards and autonomy, the ideal candidate possesses the following:
• will have a Data Science, MIS or Accounting degree with 2 years’ of post-graduate work experience in expense analysis, budgeting, forecasting and a strong background in performance reporting; preferably in a global, multi-currency environment;
• must have advanced Excel skills including Power Query, Power BI and VBA Macro.
• Key skills required for this role include experience in handling large volumes data, data analysis and management reporting process improvements. Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy are also critical. The candidate must also enjoy collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
•Fluency in English is required.
The most enduring professional relationships are reciprocal relationships. The Maples Group prioritises employee health and wellbeing. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits, including: • Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental and optical) • Competitive vacation packages • Educational assistance and professional development programmes • Savings or pension plan • Life insurance • Travel insurance • Global mental wellness programme • Sports clubs and social events
15 Dec 2020