The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) is the European Commission’s comprehensive regulatory framework to supervise alternative investment funds (AIFs). It affects European alternative investment fund managers and certain non-European alternative investment fund managers marketing alternative investment funds within Europe and is intended to increase investor protection and enable European regulators to obtain increased information in relation to AIFs being marketed in Europe to assist their monitoring of systemic risk within the market.
Drawing on our resources, professional expertise and firsthand experience working with regulators and industry bodies, Maples Group offers a comprehensive solution to support clients in meeting the ongoing requirements of AIFMD, including:
- Advising on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg or assisting in relation to the potential application of AIFMD;
- Drafting or reviewing amendments to existing fund documentation as it pertains to the practical changes set forth by AIFMD;
- An integrated online portal that produces reporting that has been specially developed to capture the specificities of AIFMD risk requirements including, investment guideline reporting, exposure reporting, leverage reporting, scenarios analysis reporting, liquidity reporting, value at risk and stressed tested value at risk reporting, and counterparty reporting;
- An integrated online portal that provides a comprehensive straight through Annex IV reporting solution including, integration to capture accounting and portfolio data, integration with market data vendors to enrich data, access to populate static and qualitative data, and parameters that drive risk calculations, a calculation engine that drives reporting output, secure access for multiple users, full audit trail to ensure a controlled and efficient reporting process, and interactive filing interface for reporting in relevant jurisdictions; and
- Depositary Lite (Depo Lite) services that meet specific European member state requirements and include, cash flow monitoring of a fund’s bank accounts and reconciliation of all cash movements, safekeeping a fund's financial instruments in custody and verifying its ownership of assets, and oversight of subscriptions and redemptions in a fund, and that a fund's income is applied, in accordance with the national law and the fund's rules.
LocationsBoston | Cayman Islands | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Luxembourg | Montreal | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The Maples Group has comprehensive, jurisdictionally specific, pandemic plans in place. This is a summary of the preventative measures that we are taking.
20 Mar 2020Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that due to the remarkable growth of its business in Luxembourg, it has relocated its offices.
12 Mar 2020Read more
New Partners and Of Counsel are appointed across the Group's international offices.
05 Mar 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to retain its position as the number one legal adviser to Irish-serviced funds for the seventh consecutive year by the Monterey Insight Ireland Fund Report 2019.
24 Feb 2020Read more
All of the Maples Group's Hong Kong teams will now be located at Central Plaza in Wanchai's north business district in Hong Kong.
21 Feb 2020Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that it has retained its position as the number one listing agent on the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange (the "CSX") having advised on 47% of all CSX’s listings in 2019.
12 Feb 2020Read more