The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) is the European Commission’s comprehensive regulatory framework to supervise alternative investment funds (AIFs). It affects European alternative investment fund managers and certain non-European alternative investment fund managers marketing alternative investment funds within Europe and is intended to increase investor protection and enable European regulators to obtain increased information in relation to AIFs being marketed in Europe to assist their monitoring of systemic risk within the market.
Drawing on our resources, professional expertise and firsthand experience working with regulators and industry bodies, Maples Group offers a comprehensive solution to support clients in meeting the ongoing requirements of AIFMD, including:
- Advising on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg or assisting in relation to the potential application of AIFMD;
- Drafting or reviewing amendments to existing fund documentation as it pertains to the practical changes set forth by AIFMD;
- An integrated online portal that produces reporting that has been specially developed to capture the specificities of AIFMD risk requirements including, investment guideline reporting, exposure reporting, leverage reporting, scenarios analysis reporting, liquidity reporting, value at risk and stressed tested value at risk reporting, and counterparty reporting;
- An integrated online portal that provides a comprehensive straight through Annex IV reporting solution including, integration to capture accounting and portfolio data, integration with market data vendors to enrich data, access to populate static and qualitative data, and parameters that drive risk calculations, a calculation engine that drives reporting output, secure access for multiple users, full audit trail to ensure a controlled and efficient reporting process, and interactive filing interface for reporting in relevant jurisdictions; and
- Depositary Lite (Depo Lite) services that meet specific European member state requirements and include, cash flow monitoring of a fund’s bank accounts and reconciliation of all cash movements, safekeeping a fund's financial instruments in custody and verifying its ownership of assets, and oversight of subscriptions and redemptions in a fund, and that a fund's income is applied, in accordance with the national law and the fund's rules.
LocationsBoston | Cayman Islands | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Luxembourg | Montreal | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The $US 501 million deal was hugely novel as it was the first ever US CLO transaction to employ a Cayman Islands LLC as its issuer.
09 Sep 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce the expansion of its global Shipping team with the appointments of a number of strategic hires in Asia.
29 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that due to the growth of its business in Jersey, it has relocated its offices.
21 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group's law firm, Maples and Calder, is pleased to announce the appointment of Heidi de Vries as the Managing Partner of its London office.
20 Aug 2019Read more
Maples Group Welcomes US Bankruptcy Courts Decision on the Rights of Investors in Cayman Islands Funds
In the liquidation proceedings of Ascot Fund Ltd, a Cayman Islands incorporated company, the US Bankruptcy Court held that the rights of investors in Cayman Islands funds are to be determined by Cayman Islands law.
20 Aug 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Olena Mykhailenko as a Vice President in Dubai.
19 Aug 2019Read more