The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) is the European Commission’s comprehensive regulatory framework to supervise alternative investment funds (AIFs). It affects European alternative investment fund managers and certain non-European alternative investment fund managers marketing alternative investment funds within Europe and is intended to increase investor protection and enable European regulators to obtain increased information in relation to AIFs being marketed in Europe to assist their monitoring of systemic risk within the market.
Drawing on our resources, professional expertise and firsthand experience working with regulators and industry bodies, Maples Group offers a comprehensive solution to support clients in meeting the ongoing requirements of AIFMD, including:
- Advising on the laws of the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Ireland, Jersey and Luxembourg or assisting in relation to the potential application of AIFMD;
- Drafting or reviewing amendments to existing fund documentation as it pertains to the practical changes set forth by AIFMD;
- An integrated online portal that produces reporting that has been specially developed to capture the specificities of AIFMD risk requirements including, investment guideline reporting, exposure reporting, leverage reporting, scenarios analysis reporting, liquidity reporting, value at risk and stressed tested value at risk reporting, and counterparty reporting;
- An integrated online portal that provides a comprehensive straight through Annex IV reporting solution including, integration to capture accounting and portfolio data, integration with market data vendors to enrich data, access to populate static and qualitative data, and parameters that drive risk calculations, a calculation engine that drives reporting output, secure access for multiple users, full audit trail to ensure a controlled and efficient reporting process, and interactive filing interface for reporting in relevant jurisdictions; and
- Depositary Lite (Depo Lite) services that meet specific European member state requirements and include, cash flow monitoring of a fund’s bank accounts and reconciliation of all cash movements, safekeeping a fund's financial instruments in custody and verifying its ownership of assets, and oversight of subscriptions and redemptions in a fund, and that a fund's income is applied, in accordance with the national law and the fund's rules.
LocationsBoston | Cayman Islands | Dubai | Dublin | Hong Kong | Luxembourg | Montreal | Singapore
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
The Maples Group is proud to announce its support of the newly built music classrooms at Elmore Stoutt High School in the British Virgin Islands.
20 Dec 2019Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm, is pleased to announce that it has achieved the highest rankings in The Legal 500 Caribbean 2020.
17 Dec 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce that they have retained their Band 1 ranking in the Offshore category of the Asia Pacific Region in the Chambers Asia Pacific Directory 2020.
11 Dec 2019Read more
The Maples Group is pleased to announce a number of new leadership appointments following its biennial management elections.
04 Dec 2019Read more
Earlier this month, Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was honoured to win two prestigious awards at the annual HFM Asia Services Awards and China Offshore Awards.
29 Nov 2019Read more
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group's law firm was pleased to advise Alibaba Group Holding Limited on its recent global offering of 500,000,000 shares and its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. The offering is the largest in Hong Kong since 2010.
22 Nov 2019Read more