Specialist legal advice and support, given in a timely manner and from a team with real experience, can make a positive impact on the revenue that a business can generate from its sports, media or entertainment interests.
Our legal advice is provided by a team of lawyers situated in every major time zone. We can tell you when it might be advantageous to establish a British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish, Jersey or Luxembourg entity for the purpose of owning your interests and we can advise you how best to structure your licensing or distribution arrangements in different regions so as to maximise income from your assets. Our services include:
- acquisition and ownership holding structures
- funds for the purposes of investing in sports ventures including player funds
- joint ventures both with respect to investment in the sports industry and between sports entities, the media and technology companies
- intellectual property holding structures
- licensing of intellectual property including with respect to brands and brand merchandising, sponsorship deals, naming rights, merchandising, multimedia and gaming products
- sports related financing for teams, clubs, leagues and associations by means of secured loan financing, credit facilities, bond issues, commercial paper and long term fixed rate debt facilities, including securitisation of future flow revenue (ticket sales, broadcasting rights and royalties) and stadium financing
- media right holding structures
- broadcasting – domestic and international television, radio, internet broadcasting and mobile wireless agreements
Personality / Athlete Services
- ownership of image and associated intellectual property rights
- licensing of image and associated intellectual property rights including endorsements on a regional and global basis
- trust structures for private wealth management
Our specialist skills and knowledge are strongly supported by the collective expertise of our Corporate, Funds & Investment Management, Finance, Intellectual Property and Trusts & Private Client groups.
LocationsCayman Islands | British Virgin Islands
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples Group has been selected to provide Cayman Islands legal advice and trustee, management company, fund administration and directorship services to Indo-Japan Fund.
28 Jun 2019Read more
Our Asset Finance, Banking and Corporate teams have been awarded three Finance Dublin Deals of the Year.
31 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group has announced the appointment of Edwin Parker as Director of Business Development for the fund services business in Europe.
16 May 2019Read more
Mr. Gerhard H. A. Wallbank and Mr. Adrian Jack were appointed as High Court Judges of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court Commercial Division in the British Virgin Islands.
10 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group's global Asset Finance team has been recognised at the 2019 Airfinance Journal Awards for its involvement in four award-winning Deals of the Year.
03 May 2019Read more
The Maples Group has continued its recent wave of expansion with the appointment of two highly experienced professionals to its global team. Benoit (Ben) Sansoucy and Colin Nestor will both serve as independent directors, based in the Cayman Islands, providing specialist fiduciary services to a broad range of alternative investment vehicles.
10 Apr 2019Read more