Specialist legal advice and support, given in a timely manner and from a team with real experience, can make a positive impact on the revenue that a business can generate from its sports, media or entertainment interests.
Our legal advice is provided by a team of lawyers situated in every major time zone. We can tell you when it might be advantageous to establish a British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish, Jersey or Luxembourg entity for the purpose of owning your interests and we can advise you how best to structure your licensing or distribution arrangements in different regions so as to maximise income from your assets. Our services include:
- acquisition and ownership holding structures
- funds for the purposes of investing in sports ventures including player funds
- joint ventures both with respect to investment in the sports industry and between sports entities, the media and technology companies
- intellectual property holding structures
- licensing of intellectual property including with respect to brands and brand merchandising, sponsorship deals, naming rights, merchandising, multimedia and gaming products
- sports related financing for teams, clubs, leagues and associations by means of secured loan financing, credit facilities, bond issues, commercial paper and long term fixed rate debt facilities, including securitisation of future flow revenue (ticket sales, broadcasting rights and royalties) and stadium financing
- media right holding structures
- broadcasting – domestic and international television, radio, internet broadcasting and mobile wireless agreements
Personality / Athlete Services
- ownership of image and associated intellectual property rights
- licensing of image and associated intellectual property rights including endorsements on a regional and global basis
- trust structures for private wealth management
Our specialist skills and knowledge are strongly supported by the collective expertise of our Corporate, Funds & Investment Management, Finance, Intellectual Property and Trusts & Private Client groups.
LocationsCayman Islands | British Virgin Islands
Thank you!We have recieved your details.
Maples and Calder, the Maples Group’s law firm, was pleased to advise the 10.5% noteholder of the Seven Energy Group in relation to the 2019 Seven Energy debt restructuring. A complex and noteworthy matter, the transaction received recognition at the IFLR Sub-Saharan Africa Awards, winning Restructuring Deal of the Year 2020.
14 Sep 2020Read more
Maples and Calder LLP, the Maples Group's law firm in Dublin, is proud to announce that one of its Partners, Niamh O’Shea, has been recognised as a 'Rising Star' at the Euromoney European Women in Business Law Awards 2020.
11 Sep 2020Read more
Maples and Calder LLP, the Maples Group's law firm in Ireland, is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen McLoughlin to head of its Finance practice in Ireland, effective 1 July 2020. Stephen succeeds Nicholas Butcher, Managing Partner of the law firm in Ireland who has been acting as head of the practice for the last 18 months. Nicholas continues in his role as Managing Partner.
03 Sep 2020Read more
03 Sep 2020Read more
20 Aug 2020Read more
19 Aug 2020Read more